Vengeance of the Werewolf by Mercedes Ludill

Vengeance of the Werewolf (edition 2012)

by Mercedes Ludill

Member:Kaylees
Title:Vengeance of the Werewolf
Authors:Mercedes Ludill
Info:AuthorHouse (2012), Paperback, 196 pages

Vengeance of the Werewolf by Mercedes Ludill

I'll be the first to admit that werewolves aren’t on the top of my list as far as supernatural creatures go. It just feels like they’ve all just been so done to death, I start feeling like I’m reading the same story over and over. SO when one comes along that totally makes you go “whoa, this is actually different!”, you take notice. That’s how I felt after reading “Vengeance of the Werewolf” by Ms. Ludill. I liked the setting (sort of reminded me of a mix between “Twin Peaks” and “True Blood” for some odd reason), and liked all the characters that were brought to life. The story is fast moving and never a dull moment. Fans of fantasy, horror, and adult novels will enjoy this. ( )
  BrendaMaxx | Nov 16, 2012 |
I've been a huge fan of werewolf novels for years, but stopped reading recently due to the overwhelming onslaught of the lovey-dovey, flowery werewolves poisoning the genre (I blame Twilight). But fortunately this book helped to restore my love for the genre, and I enjoyed its realistic terror and the suspenseful plot. While it wasn’t a perfect book (few are), and it wasn’t as complex as I’d like my novels to be, it was perfect for a light read on a rainy day. Recommend to fans of real werewolf lore, not the fruity-tooty garbage. ( )
  JhonniP | Nov 15, 2012 |
Sex, violence, and fear…yup, that’s a winning combination for me if there ever was one! I loved this book and took my kindle around with me all day so I could read it every chance I could get. There was always something happening, and the author Mercedes Ludill holds nothing back in the way of shock value. I just wanted to keep reading to see what would happen next! There werewolves and descriptions made you really visualize what was going on, and had just enough gore to make it feel authentic. It wasn’t too over the top like other books I’ve read. All in all an awesome Werewolf book that I totally loved! ( )
  SteffyC | Nov 13, 2012 |
There was a lot of action in this book, and I was pulled in right from the beginning. I liked the author’s voice and the were-world she created. It was addicting and descriptive and had a really compelling plot. I’m not sure if this is part of a series or not (isn’t every book these days?) But I’d love to read more from this author in the future. Glad I read this. ( )
  BellaReadz | Nov 10, 2012 |
This is a different type of novel than I normally read, but I’d read “Wolfbane” by Andrea Cremer and enjoyed it, so I thought I’d give “Vengeance of the Werewolf” by Mercedes Ludill a try. Well, I was shocked at how different they were in many ways, but that didn’t mean I didn’t like it! If “Wolfsbane” was rated PG, the “Vengeance of the Werewolf” is definitely rated TV-MA!! Wowsa! I don’t shock easily, but my jaw definitely dropped more than a few times. But I thought it was super interesting and I liked all the characters and how it all worked out. This is a good book about scary (not romantic) werewolves that people should read. ( )
  ClaireBearzz | Nov 7, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,475,722 books! | Top bar: Always visible