411,664,912 (4)None
Member:harleyquinn0887
Title:Dark Garden
Authors:
Info:Virgin Paperbacks, Paperback
Tags:Favorites, Netgalley, Kickass heroines, BDSM, Emotional, Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance

Dark Garden

Original review here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2013/01/book-review-dark-garden-by-eden-brad...

The Dark Garden is a story that follows a woman named Rowan. She likes to be in control which is why she is the best head mistress/Dom at Club Privé. She loves her job and she is very good at it. But things take a turn when a new Top arrives at the club named Christian. He knows what he wants and it is Rowan. Rowan will not submit to anyone, but she can't stop thinking about Christian. So Christian makes a proposition to Rowan about being her dom for thirty days to help release whatever demons she has. He can sense she has experienced something traumatic and he will do what it takes to get to the bottom of it.

I really loved this book a lot. I have reread a few parts already. It is different from most of the BDSM reads I have been reading in that it focuses on the actual feelings of the people involved. Most BDSM reads slowly work up to that, but there is an instant attraction here that could definitely lead to something more. Rowan is a smart and sassy woman. She has been through something a few years ago that has changed her. She will never let anyone get the better of her ever again. I love how confident Christian is to make her discover her true self. He says that she is a submissive. She tells him he is crazy and won't let any have control over her. She is not a weak woman. Christian is a man that has been around the world and has seen plenty. His art is his living and Rowan inspires him to do more. Rowan and Christian are explosive together. From the first meeting you felt their chemistry. The scenes they share are really unforgettable and had me entranced even after I was done reading the book.

I love the journey Rowan takes to discover herself. How she really had to look at herself in order to really understand things around her. She was quite the hypocrite in this book saying that there was no way she was a sub because it made her look weak. But she would tell fellow subs that Doms and subs have equal amounts of power. I love how Christian doesn't give up on her as much as she can't face what he is saying and her growing feelings for him. I love that this is a journey for Christian as well. He has never loved anyone. He may have seen all there is to see, but he felt empty. I love that together they made discoveries about themselves. I was dying to see whether they were willing to face the obstacles or run in the other direction.

Now as much as I loved this book, there was one thing that irritated me; April and Decker. What gives? Why weren't they given their own story? Rowan and Christian take up about 90% of this book and April and Decker's story felt sprinkled in the other 10%. I was dying to know more about them. Their scenes together were great, actually just as great as Rowan's and Christian's. But I had a hard time with it because we are given so little of them especially Decker. He has some major book boyfriend potential, but we barely get a story from him. Why was he afraid to be with April? Did something happen in his past? What is so different about April compared to the other women he Tops? We only get things from April's point of view. Well, what about Decker? It just felt odd to me. They should have gotten their own story or at least some things from Decker's point of view. We know what Rowan, Christian and April are feeling. Why was Decker left out? All we get it that he knows she is beautiful. Okay. We know there is more to it than that, but what it is? I hope we do get more because, like I said, I really liked Decker and him and April together was incredible.

Despite that, I still loved this book. I couldn't put it down. It was sexy and had characters I really cared about. The sex scenes were out of this world and memorable. I loved that shower scene between Rowan and Christian. I love all the emotion that was put into this book. I had a tear or two myself while reading. Rowan's turmoil was understandable and made me root for her happy ending no matter how hard she fought it. Even if BDSM isn't your thing, I would say pick this book up. This has a different feel compared to some others and I really like that as well. Highly recommended. ( )
  harleyquinn0887 | Jan 24, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,614,884 books! | Top bar: Always visible