Also Known As by Robin Benway

Also Known As

by Robin Benway

Love Robin Benway's books. This is an extremely fun, frothy spy thriller with excellent supporting characters. It's all sorted by the end, but I think there are the doings here for a great series a la Gallagher Girls. ( )
  annhepburn | Mar 4, 2018 |
It was one of those books I was sad to finish. ( )
  lilrongal | Nov 20, 2017 |
I got this for my daughter, but decided to read it first. I'm so glad I did! I really enjoyed it. It was hard to put down, the characters were believable, the dialog between the teenagers as well as the thoughts expressed by the lead 'spy' were hilarious, insightful, and enlightening. I hope the author continues the series. I'd like read more. ( )
  blmyers | May 15, 2017 |
Also Known As is a fast-paced fun story about a family of spies. Maggie and her parents have been spies for as long as she can remember. Her special talent as a safe cracker and lock picking prodigy make her invaluable to her parents, but their next assignment takes them to New York where Maggie must go undercover as a high school student in order to stop the printing of a newspaper article that is about to be written unveiling the organization that Maggie and her parents work for called "The Collective." When Maggie falls for her "target," Jesse, and makes more than a pretend friendship with a sassy loner named Roux, things get more complicated than Maggie ever imagined. This story has lots of action and scenes that are both funny and poignant. Overall a nice light and enjoyable read. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jul 6, 2016 |
It was a fun book and I enjoyed it, but it was far from the best teenage spy novels that I've read. It was perfect for those days when you don't want to think too much though. The plot is pretty straightforward. Maggie is a girl whose assignement is to get close to a young boy, in order to gain access to his father's documents. Of course, she falls in love with said boy. As soon as a few things are revealed, it is also rather obvious what is really going on. This is the main flaw of Also Known As. What I suppose was meant to be a big plot twist was not surprising at all.

The best character was Roux, the third member of the teenage trio. She is a girl who likes parties too much and who lives more or less alone, because her parents travel a lot. She's funny and, even though she may not look like it, resourceful when it's necessary.

It took me ages to finish this book because I barely had time to read, not because it was bad. It's the kind of book that you can read in an afternoon. Not a bad book if you want something a bit mysterious, but don't want to think too much. ( )
  Hellen0 | Jun 22, 2016 |

Being a 16-year-old safecracker and active-duty daughter of international spies has its moments, good and bad. Pros: Seeing the world one crime-solving adventure at a time. Having parents with super cool jobs. Cons: Never staying in one place long enough to have friends or a boyfriend. But for Maggie Silver, the biggest perk of all has been avoiding high school and the accompanying cliques, bad lunches, and frustratingly simple locker combinations. Then Maggie and her parents are sent to New York for her first solo assignment, and all of that changes. She'll need to attend a private school, avoid the temptation to hack the school's security system, and befriend one aggravatingly cute Jesse Oliver to gain the essential information she needs to crack the case . . . all while trying not to blow her cover.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:16 -0400)

As the active-duty daughter of international spies, sixteen-year-old safecracker Maggie Silver never attended high school so when she and her parents are sent to New York for her first solo assignment, Maggie is introduced to cliques, school lunches, and maybe even a boyfriend.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,779,122 books! | Top bar: Always visible