Superworm by Julia Donaldson

“Hip, hip hooray for SUPERWORM”, repeatedly chant the animals and insects in the forest as their hero Superworm saves them from many disasters. But in the midst of their happiness the evil wizard lizard captures Superworm with his servant crow and puts an evil spell on him, forcing him to find treasure in the soil. Will his friends rescue him, break the evil spell, and restore their happy life? With its unlikely, admirable hero and repetitive chants, this picture book is a wonderful read-aloud and an instant hit with young children. SUPERWORM contains all of the ingredients for a beloved picture book: a wonderful story that children can relate to, a hero they can root for, a villain to scare them a little bit, and of course, a happy ending.

Sharyn H. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.

mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
Nice rhythm, great for minibeast topic. ( )
  thelittlesnug | Apr 5, 2017 |
Invertebrate extraordinaire. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
Superworm is a story about a superhero worm written in a rhyming scheme. I found the rhymes confusing and had trouble following the story. It seemed to me that the author tried finding words that rhymed and some parts lost their intentional meaning. Like all superhero books, the superhero has a villain to face, and superworm comes out on top. I didn't necessarily enjoy this story, but I wouldn't say it was bad. I don't think I would read it in my own classroom, but others might. ( )
  EmilyDrennan | Apr 27, 2015 |
great rhyme!! ( )
  melodyreads | Jun 9, 2014 |

Julia Donaldsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Scheffler, Axelmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Superworm's bug friends attempt to free him from the clutches of Wizard Lizard who, having heard of Superworm's wondrous and heroic deeds, captures him and forces him to dig for treasure.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,358,657 books! | Top bar: Always visible