The Runaway Princess by Hester Browne

The Runaway Princess (edition 2012)

by Hester Browne

Member:thecaptivereader
Title:The Runaway Princess
Authors:Hester Browne
Info:Gallery Books (2012), Paperback, 431 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:Fiction, Author: English, Topic: Royalty, Location: England, Read in 2012, Read in 2014

The Runaway Princess by Hester Browne

Recently added byprivate library, marthag, mmoj, hanghuhn, y2kbecs, peterpetcarp

Sounds a bit like that Julia Stiles movie from whenever The Prince & Me . . . or a grown-up Princess Diaries.
  BookSpot | May 18, 2015 |
This was a fun read with a great cast of characters. ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |
It was good, though through most of the book I felt I must have missed a chapter about Kelly some how. Glad that was remedied before the last page. ( )
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |
I loved the whole concept of The Runaway Princess, right from the start. Who doesn't like the idea of getting a glimpse into the life of royalty?

Hester Browne does a wonderful job of setting the stage and creating quirky, likable characters. I could instantly relate to Leo, Amy, Jo, and others in this crazy cast of characters. I couldn't wait to see how Amy and Leo's romance would develop.

However, that's where the book didn't quite give me what I was hoping for. The majority of Amy and Leo's romance is told in backstory. For example, Amy and Leo begin to explore the physical part of their relationship in one chapter. In the next, a week has passed and it's mentioned in internal thought almost as an afterthought. Not that we, as readers, necessarily need all of the details, but it would have been nice to at least pick up on the story the following day. Unfortunately, we lost the opportunity to be clued in one Amy's true emotions and thoughts.

This happened quite a bit through out the romance portion of the story. I think that seriously hampered the believability of Leo and Amy's relationship.

That being said, the writing and the characters were very enjoyable. I would definitely read a second book if this continues as a series, just because I'm hoping for more. ( )
  Stephanie_Keyes | Apr 3, 2014 |
When Amy meets Leo at a party, she has no idea that he's a prince. But luckily, Leo is only the fifth in line to the throne of the tiny principality of Nirona, so not too much paparazzi attention is focused on them. But all that changes due to an unexpected succession, and Leo's family starts trying to groom Amy into the perfect princess.

Amy is a girl you can relate to. Shy, sensible, and awkward at parties, she would rather be gardening than posing for the cameras. This is a sweet, romantic, and absorbing book with charming characters that you care about. ( )
  soraki | Feb 27, 2014 |
For Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II,
who can teach all of us a thing or two about
grace, determination, and a signature handbag
"Imagine I'm Max Barclay," said Jo.

When an unexpected turn of events pushes Leopold William Victor Wolfsburg of Nirona closer to the throne, the Wolfsburgs decide to step up Amy's transformation from down-to-earth gardener to perfectly polished princess-in-waiting. Amy would do anything for Leo, but is finding her Prince Charming worth the price of losing herself?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,091,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible