The Marriage Trap by Jennifer Probst

The Marriage Trap (edition 2012)

by Jennifer Probst

Collections:75 Book Challenge of 2013, Your library
Rating:**1/2
Tags:Kindle

The Marriage Trap by Jennifer Probst

There were some really lovely moments in this book (like when Maggie is cooking with Michael's mother), but all in all, I felt like Probst was just trying too hard. The love scenes were pretty eye-rolling cheesy and they way she continually pushed him away felt contrived. I really enjoyed the first book in this series, but this one just didn't do it for me. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
I knew Maggie from the first book “the marriage bargain” and it was clear that she was a really strong woman who can achieve what ever she wants with her life but even with the tough looks that she seem to be appear in beneath all that shell hides a very sensitive person who wants to love and be loved,so in order to protect her best friend she’s willing to make a small sacrifice with someone that she barely knew and as strong as she is.
Michael and Maggie seems two completely opposite and same people at once, they seem that they don’t belong to each other at all but at the same time they seem perfect for each other.
Between the funny and the love you can enjoy reading this book a looooooot. ( )
  Noussaiba | Jan 28, 2014 |
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
www.readyourwrites.blogspot.com

The Marriage Trap is the second book in the Marriage to a Billionaire series by Jennifer Probst. The books can be read as standalones.

We first met Maggie and Michael in the first book, The Marriage Bargain. Maggie is the younger sister of Nick from TMB and Alexa's best friend. Michael is a business associate of Nick's and pretty much pulled out the stops to get Alexa into his bed, or so it appears. Now these two have their own book and it's rather interesting. Maggie and Michael are multi-layered characters and I love that about them. I loved having the layers peeled back and learning new and surprising things about each of them.

Maggie Ryan is a strong, independent, take charge kind of woman. She's a fashion photographer who hasn't always had the perfect life despite growing up surrounded by money. She wants a happy, loving, and fulfilled life like Alexa has with her brother.

Michael Conte is a very successful Italian businessman, running his family's international bakery. He has a strong sense of family and he's just downright wonderful. Since his father passed away, he has stepped into the leadership role of the family. One of his younger sisters wants to get married but their mother won't allow it, since Michael who is older must be married first.

Michael makes a deal with Maggie for her to pretend to be his wife, in order for his mother to allow his sister to get married. The book takes you through the changes and discoveries these two make with themselves and each other. You get the happy ending that I LOVE, but you also get the nice and sometimes steamy journey to get there.

As a little happy aside, you also get to catch up on Nick and Alexa's life, if you did read the first book.

While I liked this book, The Marriage Bargain is still number one in my heart.

Source: Edelweiss ( )
  ReadYourWrites | May 27, 2013 |
3.5 stars

Michael Conte, Italian businessman, needs to marry and fast, because his traditional mother won't let his younger sister marry before him. Michael devises a brilliant plan, he will introduce his family to a fake wife and voila - problem solved. Now only where could he find a woman who will not fall in love with him or get some wrong idea?
Maggie Ryan, fashion photographer for male lingerie, is confident, successful, sexy and beautiful. The only problem she admits in her life is Michael Conte, in love with her brothers wife. If only she could find some way to make him leave them alone...

I liked Michael & Maggie. They both seem confident and self-sufficient at start but trough the book we get to know them and their vulnerabilities. Very good character development and (of course) chemistry/love build-up by Jennifer Probst.
Add to that mix that The Marriage Trap is set in Italy and that we have meddling traditional Italian mother, three younger sisters, cooking lessons and we get fun and entertaining romance novel. This book is my favorite in Marriage to a Billionaire series.

I recommend this book to fans of: category romances, light and fluffy contemporary romances, meddling mothers and relatives as funny side-characters.

Disclaimer: I was given a free eBook by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for a honest review. ( )
  bookwormdreams | Apr 10, 2013 |
I was never really able to get into this book, mainly because of Maggie. I just can't stand her. ( )
  superducky | Mar 30, 2013 |

Jennifer Probstprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Maby, MadeleineReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
De Groot, InekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

In order for his sister to marry, Italian billionaire Michael Conte has to find himself a bride - and fast! When he learns that photographer Maggie Ryan is going to be in Milan, Michael hatches a plan to introduce her to his family as his "fiancée." Never mind that Maggie is confident, independent, and a complete control freak. Never mind that she's everything he doesn't want in a wife…and everything he wants in his bed!

Convinced that Michael is in love with her married gal pal, Maggie agrees to keep up the ruse if he'll keep away from her friend. Besides, she's not attracted to charming, ridiculously good looking billionaires who drive her up the wall. Once they're in Italy, however, everything changes - and the sexual tension between Maggie and Michael goes from simmer to sizzling! But have they found the perfect arrangement…or are they trapped in a make-believe marriage?

To satisfy his late father's wishes, billionaire Michael Conte must find a bride: someone who will fit into his traditional family back home in Italy --and fast, so his engaged sister will be allowed to wed. He proposes to fiery, free-spirited photographer Maggie Ryan, to play the part of his fiancee during her trip to Milan for a photo shoot. But once in Italy, sexual tension sparks the hottest no-strings-attached arrangement on any continent.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,693,599 books! | Top bar: Always visible