Er ist wieder da: Der Roman by Timur Vermes

Er ist wieder da: Der Roman (original 2012; edition 2013)

by Timur Vermes

247None46,402 (3.4)13
Member:PhysiCaRollMops
Title:Er ist wieder da: Der Roman
Authors:Timur Vermes
Info:Eichborn Verlag (2013), Edition: 13, Gebundene Ausgabe, 400 pages
Rating:*

Er ist wieder da by Timur Vermes (2012)

German (8)  English (6)  Danish (1)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (17)
My God this looks interesting. Definite to read!
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
After a VERY slow start with this book I read the last 150 pages or so in no time. I found it difficult to read, at least until page 220 ​​or so.
Why? I don't exactly know. Perhaps a combination of not ( enough) knowledge of the (political) post-war history of Germany and the written rhetorical speeches of "Hitler . I regularly laughed at what he does not know, but also regularly shook my head because of the things that happen in this book.

As is mentioned on the back: after all the laughs it leaves behind a residual goosebumps. Also with me .

* SPOILER *
The end could not really charm me. For me personally, it was MUCH too open. I'd like to read something else. Maybe not that he dies, but either that it disappears as he came: totally unexpected, without prior notice. Or maybe the people awaken and say, ' Listen, as it went almost a hundred years ago, we'll see to it that it won't happen again!"Or ..... I do not know.
But let the type publish a book and let him have his own radio program .... Is there noone then, that thinks anymore, except for the old grandmother who talks with her granddaughter? ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Dec 2, 2013 |
So plump die Idee klingt, so großartig ist die Umsetzung (oder es ist mein schlichtes Gemüt, wer weiß). Ich hab es als Hörbuch gehört, und Christoph Maria Herbst' Hitler ist wirklich fabelhaft. Unglaublich fies, treffend, sehr lustig und dabei - wahres Kunststück - nie geschmacklos. Und so verdammt realistisch, dass sich mir die Haare sträuben bei dem Gedanken, dass Hitler tatsächlich eines Tages nach Kerosin stinkend potzmonter aus der Erde krabbelt. ( )

Timur Vermesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andersson, KarinTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Het volk heeft me wel het meest verrast.

Summer 2011. Berlin. Adolf Hitler wakes up on a patch of ground, alive and well. Things have changed - no Eva Braun, no Nazi party, no war. Hitler barely recognises his beloved Fatherland, filled with immigrants and run by a woman. People certainly recognise him, though - as a brilliant, satirical impersonator who refuses to break character. The unthinkable, the inevitable, happens, and the ranting Hitler takes off, goes viral, becomes a YouTube star, gets his own TV show, becomes someone who people listen to. All while he's still trying to convince people that yes, it really is him, and yes, he really means it. Look Who's Back is a black and brilliant satire of modern media-bloated society, seen through the eyes of the Fuhrer himself. Adolf is by turns repellent, sympathetic and hilarious, but always fascinating. Look Who's Back is outrageously clever, outrageously funny - and outrageously plausible.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,430,240 books! | Top bar: Always visible