Against the Wall (Against the Wall, #1) by…

Against the Wall (Against the Wall, #1)

by Julie Prestsater

I loved this book. It was funny, lighthearted and an all around good read. ( )
  karenvg3 | Mar 19, 2018 |
This is how I felt reading this book:

Cute Guy pretty girl. I loved the story and everything in it.. I loved the characters and the fact that the teachers acted worse then the high school students was pretty funny. I have to say that the best date ever was with Jacob the Vegan and it was funny that Matty set it up. I hated Chase and Summer and thought it was funny when they were all together at the end. I am sorry but, I would have smacked a hoe and left it there!
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
Cute and quick!

This was a cute and quick love story. This is for adults due to content and language but it was a fast read. ( )
  vickimarie2002 | Aug 3, 2015 |

It’s been three months since Chase broke their engagement and broke Shelly’s heart, and as much as she wishes she could just get over him, seeing him every day at work makes that nearly impossible. And it certainly doesn’t help that his new girlfriend is also ateacher, the one all their high school students are probably fantasizing about.

With her friends Mel and Matty, Shelly does her best to at least look like she’s unaffected, but after living with Chase, dating him for a decade of her life, moving on isn’t so easy. Of course, it would be a hell of a lot easier if she had a clue where to go to meet men, or if the few men she did meet didn’t have “deal-breaker” written all over their mugs full of weak beer. In fact, the only guy who seems to meet all her standards is Matty, but they’re such good friends that she doesn’t want to risk it. But Matty’s not letting her get away so easily…

The Verdict: I expected this book to be a fun read — romances between best friends usually are. I just didn’t expect it to be so incredibly awesome that I’d want to snatch up every other book in the series! I’m pretty sure I was smiling from the very first word till the last.

Shel and her best friend Mel are absolutely hilarious. Their constant banter, not to mention Shel’s never-ending stream of silent commentary, was just priceless. Their friendship was deeper than crazy comments and laughing out loud, though — I don’t think I’ve read about a sweeter moment between friends than when Shel sat uncomfortably holding Mel’s hand while she slept. If only everyone had a friend like that.

Shel’s situation was so true to life, too. Okay, so not every woman has the perfect best male friend to fall in love with after a break-up, but anyone who’s ever lost a long-term relationship can absolutely identify. As much as I wanted her to snap her fingers and instantly see that Chase was an ass undeserving of her time, much less her heart, her lingering feelings for him were so understandable. I mean, even when relationships end in the worst way, there’s a part of you that just wants it all fixed, so things can go back to the way they were.

And Matty was simply to die for. He was drop dead gorgeous, silly, sweet, and so incredibly patient with Shel that I wanted to snatch him up for myself. Normally, I’d think a guy who put up with Shel’s indecision the way he did was a complete doormat, but he managed to pull it off in a way that was just so damned endearing — he was confident without being cocky, and omg the way he loved her! If she hadn’t come to her senses and made a go of things with him, I would have just crawled into the book and taken him for myself.

Against the Wall is a funny, sweet, wonderful story about good friends, crazy family, and finding something better when everything you thought you wanted slips away. I loved every single word of it! ( )
  ysar | Jul 8, 2015 |
I'm sorry, when an author writes "lady parts" or "down there" as description, I'm done. ( )
  breakingbooks | Aug 13, 2014 |

Shelly Gelson had it all...a job teaching English at Carver High, her best friend, Mel, working by her side and engaged to her high school sweetheart, Chase Marino. That is until Chase breaks her heart and leaves her for another teacher at the school. Now Shel is left broken hearted and trying to figure out what she wants while watching Chase and the home wrecker make moon eyes at each other. Enter Matt Fuller, Shel's friend for the past 5 years and the perfect rebound. He's gorgeous, smart, funny and fits into Shel's idea of the right guy. Only problem is there may be more there then just a simple rebound. Is it a way to fill a void left by Chase, or is there more smoldering between these two friends? Find out what happens when the bell rings and the teenage drama ends and the adult drama begins. Who says being a teacher is boring? They obviously haven't met the teachers at Carver High.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,348,466 books! | Top bar: Always visible