Betrayal by Gregg Olsen

Betrayal by Gregg Olsen
Empty Coffin series #2
3.5 stars

From The Book:
foreign exchange student Olivia Grant is stabbed to death after a party and the prime suspect is her best friend. But is everything as it seems? As twins Hayley and Taylor Ryan get pulled into aftermath of the crime, they realize nothing is what it seems. Could it be betrayal of the ultimate kind? Betrayal features real-life crime-solving techniques, heart-stopping suspense, plenty of red herrings and hard-hitting ethical questions. As the crime unravels, so does the twins' past, as they must face off against a family member who may unexpectedly have carried out the worst betrayal of all.

My Thoughts:
This series by Gregg Olsen is very much directed to a young audience, unlike all other true crime books he's written. The adult audience will more than likely find that these were mostly mindless, but extremely fun reading. I really enjoyed this one. Olsen stays true to his genre of crime stories but does a a really good job of adapting it for a younger audience. If you want a quick, easy read this series is excellent. ( )
  Carol420 | Jan 26, 2017 |
Twins, Taylor and Hayley, have a special gift. They can see into the past and future, and can also sense each other’s thoughts. One night, they have a strange feeling something bad is going to happen. Soon, they find out their friend Olivia, a foreign exchange student from London, was brutally stabbed at a Halloween party.

Read the rest of my review at: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/betrayal-gregg-olsen/
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
The twins are back and this time not only are they solving another murder, but discovering a possible betrayal that hits a little too close to home.

This action packed series always keeps you on your toes! The sequel is full of surprises and will keep you guessing right up to the last page. There are plenty of new mysteries and a few old ones that are being brought up in this book. I couldn’t put it down. It is fast paced, full of intrigue, suspense, and will leave you wanting more!

I love the relationship between Hayley and Taylor and how they get along so well. They are a great duo and hilarious whenever they are together. They do fight like sibling do sometimes, but over all they are loving sisters who stick together through thick and thin. As sisters they do have their secrets and it is their most dangerous secret that bands them together more than any other.

There are a lot of secrets being uncovered in this book and I was anxiously turning each page to find out what happened next. I can’t wait for another story with the twins and seeing what they may uncover next.

Check out Betrayal by Gregg Olsen for another look at the crime solving duo everyone loves! ( )
  kcody03 | Jan 28, 2014 |
This book, the second in a series by this author, is loosely based on a real murder, the one involving Amanda Knox. Hayley and Taylor Ryan, with their psychic abilities are at it again, trying to solve the murder of Olivia grant, a foreign exchange student, at a Halloween party. This story again involves real-time crime solving techniques and suspense as the twins delve into the murder and who committed it. The story moves along rather quickly, from the party murder to the twins’ own history to the finale, all the while taking the reader for a wild ride filled with a myriad of twists and turns. The setting for the story is again Port Gamble, Washington as in the first in the series. The author combines the small Northwest town appeal with the larger cultural appeal of a foreigner visiting bringing her own take on things with her. I found myself eagerly reading this tale from the outset. The author definitely knows suspense and how to captivate the reader. I received this book from goodreads to read and review. ( )
  KMT01 | Aug 1, 2013 |

Twins Hayley and Taylor explore new facts about their past while investigating the bizarre murder of a foreign exchange student whose best friend has been accused of the crime.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,960,953 books! | Top bar: Always visible