The Sibylline Oracle: The Beginning of the…

The Sibylline Oracle: The Beginning of the Sibylline Trilogy (Volume 1) (edition 2012)

by Delia J. Colvin

313357,052 (5)None
Member:paddyocallaghan
Title:The Sibylline Oracle: The Beginning of the Sibylline Trilogy (Volume 1)
Authors:Delia J. Colvin
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 328 pages
Rating:*****

The Sibylline Oracle by Delia J. Colvin

Delia Colvin has a hit with her new trilogy, "The Sibylline Oracle"! I quickly became engrossed in the lives of Valeria and Alex and their love story. Rich writing with characters that you care about and can't wait to learn more about. I can hardly wait for the next book in this new, great series! I highly recommend the book...read it today! ( )
  RosanneE | Mar 14, 2014 |
I actually fell in love with this book, it seems to gently overtake you and you just keep wanting to read more and more. It took me a little time to figure out who was who at the beginning as I'm not used to fantasy and mythology but my preferences in which genres I now read have certainly changed thanks to this book.

The book follows a pure depth of love between Alex and Valeria that has actually lasted centuries. Alex is an immortal who is desperate to be reunited with his beloved Cassandra. Unbeknownst to Valeria she is really the many times re-incarnated Cassandra who is cursed and unable to live past her 27th birthday. Cassandra was the most powerful Sibylline Oracle, a prophetess who had powerful visions, even more powerful than that of Apollo's own oracles, the man who found and favoured her. This led to strong jealousy of others especially Aegemon, Apollo's oracle, who she had taken the place of and who was set on revenge.

The story begins as Valeria's soul partner Alex, her Symbolon, rescues her for a near death experience just like he had tried so many times in the past. Valeria is extremely attracted and mesmerized by Alex and out of character agrees to go away with him as a birthday treat to meet his family and found out more about the secrets Alex wants to share with her. I did at this point feel Valeria's character was being extremely naive and wondered if that would really happen but that is the only tiny niggle I had about the whole read.

Alex and his immortal friends who were now his family had to try and rid Cassandra of her curse and try to make her immortal, like them, once and for all. At the same time trying to help Valeria realise that she was really Cassandra without frightening her away. I really enjoyed reading the connection between them all and the love they all shared and found myself so intrigued to find out more.

How can they stop this curse once and for all? How can they stop Aegemon in his hateful tracks? Now Valeria trusts them and realizes who she is and what's at stake how can they chance it all going wrong?

Quite an edge of the seat read with twists and turns keeping you on your toes and I truly loved it and couldn't wait to read the second book. ( )
  beckvalleybooks | Sep 12, 2013 |
This is one of the most amazing books that I've ever read. A reviewer known as maffism on amazon described Colvin, as one "of today's foremost wordsmiths". Well; maffism, whoever you are; I wholeheartedly agree. ( )
  paddyocallaghan | Feb 25, 2013 |
There’s this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger,
and your whispers softly echo.
It’s the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me.

Gretchen Kemp

Delia J. Colvin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,116,572 books! | Top bar: Always visible