The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau

The Testing (edition 2015)

by Joelle Charbonneau (Author)

Member:whiteknight50
Title:The Testing
Authors:Joelle Charbonneau (Author)
Info:HMH Books for Young Readers (2015), Edition: Reprint, 352 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading

The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau

English (112)  German (1)  All languages (113)
This one had me on the edge of my seat from the beginning. Going to sleep and being an adult was hard when all i wanted was to know what Cia and Tomas were going to face next. ( )
  chaoticbooklover | Dec 26, 2018 |
This ebook was provided to me by NetGalley as an ARC. It is another dystopian novel similar to the Hunger Games trilogy and those were my immediate thoughts when I began to read this book. But I was grabbed by the plot of the book and really enjoyed reading about how those chosen for The Testing must meet all of the challenges and survive in order to be able to attend the University. After completing the University studies, they then are determined to be among the future leaders of the country. This book takes place after the Seven Stages War has destroyed the United States as we know it.

In the novel we follow Cia who has been chosen from her village to participate in The Testing. Cia is a very likeable character and gives the story strength.

I think this trilogy will be very popular with the young adult age group as was the Hunger Games. I wavered between rating this book with a 4 or 5. Since I enjoyed the reading experience and the intended audience will probably enjoy it also, I went with the 5. ( )
  Rdglady | Nov 20, 2018 |
If I hadn't already read Hunger Games, I would have enjoyed this book more. The similarities were a little distracting but it was still an enjoyable book, as well as having some unique twists. Also the overall message is slightly different from Hunger Games- less bloody with more of a focus on solutions that avoid violence. There are still some gruesome events, so still not for younger readers, but a better choice for certain sensitive readers.

Also, no love triangle! Yay! ( )
  wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |
Very much like the Hunger Games, so not entirely original, but different enough to be enjoyable. Fast paced. Quick read. ( )
  Thebrownbookloft | Jun 29, 2018 |
Great concept, very very predictable as YA lit. Interested to see what happens next in series. ( )
  MrsThakkar | May 20, 2018 |
For Stacia Decker, for so many reasons.
Graduation Day. I can hardly stand still as my mother straightens my celebratory red tunic and tucks a strand of light brown hair behind my ear.

It’s graduation day for sixteen-year-old Malencia Vale, and the entire Five Lakes Colony (the former Great Lakes) is celebrating. All Cia can think about—hope for—is whether she’ll be chosen for The Testing, a United Commonwealth program that selects the best and brightest new graduates to become possible leaders of the slowly revitalizing post-war civilization. When Cia is chosen, her father finally tells her about his own nightmarish half-memories of The Testing. Armed with his dire warnings (”Cia, trust no one”), she bravely heads off to Tosu City, far away from friends and family, perhaps forever. Danger, romance—and sheer terror—await.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:07 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old Malencia (Cia) Vale is chosen to participate in The Testing to attend the University; however, Cia is fearful when she figures out her friends who do not pass The Testing are disappearing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,581,357 books! | Top bar: Always visible