Lord Stillwell's Excellent Engagements…

Lord Stillwell's Excellent Engagements (Millworth Manor) (edition 2012)

by Victoria Alexander

26None412,190 (2.8)None
Member:gpangel
Title:Lord Stillwell's Excellent Engagements (Millworth Manor)
Authors:Victoria Alexander
Info:Zebra Books (2012), Kindle Edition
Collections:netgalley, historical romance, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:historical romance, netgalley, e book, novella

Lord Stillwell's Excellent Engagements by Victoria Alexander

once again I am tricked by overdrive into downloading a novella. this one wasn't even a story, but a series of letters and mini-chapters detailing how lord still well doesn't get married. ( )
  librarydanielle | Apr 1, 2013 |
LORD STILLWELL'S EXCELLENT ENGAGEMENTS by Victoria Alexander is a interesting Regency Historical Romance. A prequel Novella to "The Importance of Being Wicked". A quick fun read with witty,sarcastic character in Lord Stillwell,Viscount Winfield Elliott. Will he ever find happiness and his own true love? We shall see! Very entertaining. Written partly, in letters to his cousin. A very well told story. But I am anticipating his happy ever after ending. Well done,Victoria! Three broken engagements to his credit,Win is determined to find the love of his life. Fast paced read full of laughter and romance. A must read for a bit of laughter. A very enjoyable read! Received for an honest review from the publisher.

RATING: 4

HEAT RATING: NONE

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction Reviews ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Mar 4, 2013 |
Lord Stillwell's Excellent Engagements by Victoria Alexander

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lord Stillwell first appeared in "What happens at Christmas " as a secondary character. The author wasn't ready to let this character go, so he's back in this short story /novella. This book is the prequel to "The Importance of Being Wicked ".
Lord Stillwell takes his responsibility of marrying and producing an heir very seriously. Love is not a requirement, but he hopes it will come in time.
We watch Lord Stillwell go through a series of engagements, none of which quite make it to the alter for one reason or another. Will Lord Stillwell ever exchange vows? Will he find true love? Stay tuned.
Victoria Alexander is a seasoned romance author. The writing here as good as ever . The story is handled with light humor instead of bereft heartbreak. I would have given it a higher rating but I thought we deserved a bit more of a setup or teaser if you will, into the next full length novel. There is a very short sneek peek of "The Importance of Being Wicked " at the very end. Be sure to read the insightful comments by the author, after which you will find a preview .
I am looking forward to reading the full length novel and to Lord Stillwell's HEA! This was a Netgalley e book giveaway in exchange for a review.

gpangel | Dec 20, 2012 |

In an enchanting novella from #1 New York Times bestselling author Victoria Alexander, eligible viscount Winfield Elliott searches for a bride and discovers that love may be lovelier the second-or even third-time around . . .

Allow Me To Explain . . .

Some say I do not take my engagements seriously. Nonsense. What man with no interest in marriage would find himself proposing not once, but three times? And each time, I've felt certain that this, at last, is the absolutely, positively, perfect woman.

Miss Felicia Whitingdon, for instance, has youth, beauty, style, grace-and a handsome fortune. Lady Lucille Eustice is a widow of impeccable social standing, and a balm to my soul. Then there is Miss Caroline Hibbitt, sweet and charming in every way. Any one of these intoxicating treasures could make a man happy. Any one of them could be an ideal wife. But which-if any of them-will it be?

Eligible viscount Winfield Elliott searches for a bride and discovers that love may be lovelier the second or even third time arounnd...

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,492,888 books! | Top bar: Always visible