Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The…

Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The Fox: Story With Instructional… (edition 2012)

by Sybrina Durant, Donna Marie Naval

Member:kristincedar
Title:Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The Fox: Story With Instructional Song
Authors:Sybrina Durant
Other authors:Donna Marie Naval
Info:Sybrina Publishing & Distribution Company (2012), Paperback, 24 pages
Rating:****1/2

Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The Fox: Story with Instructional Song by Sybrina Durant

The first time through I missed the link for the accompanying song. The book with the ditty is a wonderful way for a young child to learn the technique of tying a tie. ( )
  drmom62 | Aug 16, 2014 |
With a story and a song author Sybrina Durant book is a instruction to boys and those raising boys on how to tie a tie.

I myself am a woman, not raising a boy and I have a husband who knows how to do this so I am not the target at the moment. I do believe that it true that the lesson of tying a tie may be on a losing end of a battle because single mom’s have been on the rise I suppose. I support the idea of passing this story on along with the instructional pictures within.

The story of the rabbit and the fox was okay. I sort of had to struggle to really understand the connection to the instructions on tying a tie but that might just be me. I also thought when I first saw the fox that he was a wolf not a fox so the art for me for the story part was only okay. As for the illustration of the lesson was good.

I think this could be a book you introduce around the age of 5 or 6. I am curious to know what others who have used it to teach their children with the help of the book. ( )
  lavenderagate | Mar 3, 2014 |
A cute story and colorful illustrations provide a fun and easy approach in learning to tie a knot in a necktie. Following the story of the fox chasing a rabbit, the up-beat song will help you in performing the challenge of this hand and eye coordination task. My grandson was delighted to cheer on the rabbit escaping the quick gray fox. How does the little rabbit do it? Why, it's as easy as tying a "school boy knot." What I especially like about the book and song is that it brings families together in a delightful way! ( )
  LadyD_Books | Apr 24, 2013 |
This is an exceptional new genre of books! A fun, creative way to read a book for children, and at the same time teach them a lifelong skill. For children to use their own imaginations in the way of picturing and using their own ties, or scarves, in a pinch, the world is opened up for them. Much like books do for everyone, including big kids like myself. ( )
  kristincedar | Dec 7, 2012 |
"Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The Fox" is a cute story with disneyesque yet thoroughly modern artwork, offering a fun and simple lesson for tying a "school boy knot." If you are young at heart, you will be rooting for the little rabbit to escape the snapping jaws of the very hungry fox as they race through the forest mimicking the motions of tying a tie.

The Rabbit and the Fox method of tying a tie, is formally known as the "Four In Hand", which produces a small asymmetrical knot. It is believed to be the most popular method of tying a tie because it is simple and easy to learn. Easy enough, in fact for a very young child to quickly master, especially with the help of this little tale.

Suggestion: Make this a family activity. Everyone grab a tie and follow along with the instructions as you read the story and sing the song. ( )
  sybrinad | Oct 1, 2012 |

"Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The Fox" is a cute story with disneyesque, yet thoroughly modern artwork, offering a fun and simple lesson for tying a "school boy knot" in a tie. The last page of the story contains an instructional song. The book and the song are meant to be used together as a family activity where all members follow along with the rabbit and fox as they race through the forest mimicking the motions of tying a tie. This book is for all ages. The song can be heard for free at sybrina.com.

The story book is also available in Spanish.

Sybrina Durant is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,113,934 books! | Top bar: Always visible