Darkness Surrendered (Order of the Blade) by…

Darkness Surrendered (Order of the Blade)

by Stephanie Rowe

Again I LOVED it. And I have to write a review later when I have better time! ( )
  Wasabiishot | May 9, 2017 |
The one thing I never thought would happen happened in this book. I actually felt sympathy for Ezekiel. I struggled with that for most of the book.

This book was the final showdown between Ezekiel and the good warriors of the Order of the Blade.

**Some mild spoilers ahead**

Elijah Ross was tortured for 100 years by dark illusionist. He managed to escape 500 years ago but those illusions were always with him tormenting him as one of the things he did while under an illusion was kill his mother and sister. He is brought again under an illusion and in trying to save Ana he is killed.

Growing up Ana Matthews only did good illusions. Even though her and Grace’s life was basically spent on the run after their parents were killing Ana immersed herself in her just living in her illusions. Until she was kidnapped and tortured and forced to create evil illusions that got many good Calydon warriors killed. One of those warriors was Elijah. And his death was one she couldn’t get over.

During the ritual at the end of the 2nd book we find out that Elijah had been brought back to life but had been living in an illusion that had driven him insane. Ana knew he was alive because she could feel him calling her through the bond they shared for when he died for her. The Calydon warriors and Ana do find him but he is in horrible shape and has gone rogue. The only thing that calms him and brings him under control is Ana’s touch. So for most of the book Ana has to always be touching Elijah in one form or another to keep him from falling back under the illusions.

As the book goes along we find out more about why Ezekiel brought Elijah back to life and why he has always wanted Grace. It’s an interesting concept. Vaughn awakes from his coma when Drew calls to him for help. We learn a lot of interesting things about the blood bonded father of Drew. Hopefully more will be revealed on this in future books.

As for the final showdown it was defiantly bloody and heartbreaking. But I did like how Ezekiel was right before he died. So now we have 3 Calydon warriors with Sheva’s that have managed to beat the curse that seemed destined for all them. What will be in the future now that they have finally managed to kill Ezekiel???
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
This was a quick read for me because I found myself skimming endless pages of repetitive internal dialogue again. I liked Elijah and Ana, their stories and their conflict. I liked the story line overall with Ezekiel, the progression, Drew's part, and the twists between Ezekiel and Ana and Elijah. I liked the way Ezekiel was written (not a one sided villain). The beginning of the book is fantastic, but once again I found the middle muddled and drowning in "surprise" (but not really) plot-details. The intimacy scenes, for the most part, made me laugh, which I don't think was the point, mostly because Ana and Elijah couldn't seem to get it on without some sort of audience (conscious or otherwise) or a heated battle raging around them with weapons flying in the air. MajorAlthough I am curious to see what happens to Drew (will he become the new Ezekiel?), I feel like the death of Ezekiel was to soon, too easy. Would have liked more Ezekiel. With that part of the series arc over, I am not hungry for the next book. I will most likely continue with the series at some point. ( )
  ce_kilgore | Apr 27, 2013 |
  ce_kilgore | Apr 27, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,903,369 books! | Top bar: Always visible