Girl on a Mission by Cindy Ellis

Girl on a Mission (edition 2012)

by Cindy Ellis

Member:needtoreadgottowatch
Title:Girl on a Mission
Authors:Cindy Ellis
Info:Kirkdale Press (2012), Kindle Edition, 186 pages
Collections:Your library, Reviewed Only and Wouldn't Buy
Rating:***
Tags:review, christian, cindy ellis, crush, emery, girl, girl on a mission, mission, religion, romance, teen, tween

Girl on a Mission by Cindy Ellis

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Thirteen year old Emery goes on her first mission trip to West Virginia. She learns about herself and her faith during this trip. This is the first time that she meets someone who is less fortunate than herself. She also learns from her interactions with the family and other crew members. We see how her own faith grows during the trip. This is a good book for teens. ( )
  mminor1985 | Mar 2, 2014 |
Girl on a Mission by Mary Booker

This book is a great book for young teenagrs. As I read it, it reminded me of feelings that I had when I was in my teenage years. The hopes, the dreams and the fears.
It was a great book that quickly introduced the charachters which seemed to come to life.
i would recommend this book ( ) ( )
  campmom | Jul 18, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I found this book to be refreshing. It was nice to read a book without all the underlining sex, negativity, and crap that so many have these days. This book would be an excellent book for any teenager. It was a great Christian book with a great message. Would love to read some more like this. ( )
  pluto6490 | Feb 18, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is a great book particulary for the young person. This story talks about how Emery grows while on a mission trip one year. She learns a lot about herself, her faith and the dynamics of relationships during her time there. The students that have gone to work on this missions trip really love the people they are helping and are rather devestated when a tornado comes through and destroys much of their work and endangering the families that they have some to love. Through their love and gentle service one family finds their way back to ( and just to in the first place for the little girl) the lord. They are also able to do a little reuniting through their mission work. Meanwhile Emery learns more about herself and learns to come out of her shell. She also grows as a Christian through her experiences with others- not only serving the needy but also learning to forgive. I enjoyed this book very much and would share it with any young people I might have in the family. ( )
  bburke79 | Dec 8, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a book that I just could not put down. I thoroughly enjoyed the character, the story line, and the way it was written. I have young teen grandchildren and will recommend this book highly for them to read. Although I felt it was for younger readers, I felt the story line could be applied to any age. I received this book through the early reviewer plan and appreciate the opportunity to read it. I would read more books by Cindy Ellis. ( )
  Aileen3403 | Dec 5, 2012 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Girl on a Mission by Cindy Ellis was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,334,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible