The Seven Devils by Sara Danvers

The Seven Devils (edition 2011)

by Sara Danvers

Member:DeeDee10
Title:The Seven Devils
Authors:Sara Danvers
Info:
Collections:Young Adult Read

The Seven Devils by Sara Danvers

I received this book via a librarything.com member's giveaway.

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were easy to like and easy to see where they were coming from. I enjoyed the backgrounds that were created with the characters.

I liked that at first you didn't know who you could trust. The paranormal part of it was really a good addition to the character's personas.

I am hoping that Sara will come out with a sequel to this. I would definitely read it!! ( )
  Sara2012 | Dec 31, 2013 |
I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This story was very easy to read. I enjoyed the small paranormal aspects added to the book and it was a very sweet New Adult romance. Even though I enjoyed this I didn't find myself getting attached to the characters in the way that I can. I didn't not like them I just felt indifferently towards them at many parts. Ellen was a very naive teen and Neil had some serious anger issues. I also Austin really made me angry at parts. It seemed as though some of the problems the main characters faced were solved way to easily and maybe needed some more depth to them. Other than that I was interested throughout and did enjoy this book. ( )
  colormeblueex | Aug 30, 2013 |
This book had me so hooked! There were definitly some weird spots, but overall I really liked it. It wasn't the best book that I've ever read, but it was still good none the less. ( )
  Emily.Varner | May 25, 2013 |
I received a copy of The Seven Devils courtesy of LibraryThing and the author.

I thought the story itself was pretty good, but the writing was a bit amateur. As the story progressed, the writing grew in strength, and I'm hoping the 2nd book will be better. Ellen and Neil had a sweet thing going, but it just moved a little (ok, A LOT) too fast, making it a bit too unbelievable. I mean, they became a couple the first day they met! I look forward to seeing where their relationship progresses, and see what happens with Austin and Derrick. All in all, story line was a solid 3 stars for me. ( )
  Supera710 | Jan 28, 2013 |
This New Adult novel started off interesting. Nothing like some crazy family drama to kick start a story. This book starts with Ellen being held under water in a pool by her own father who is trying to drown her in a drunken fury. He almost does the job until her mother rushes in to save her. This episode is of course not the first time something like this has happened and finally gives Ellen’s mother the idea to leave. Which means that Ellen and her very popular brother Austin will be moving to another town and starting another school.

The first day at her new school of course Ellen meets one of the popular girls who dismisses her right away and to top it off the hottest guy in school Derrick, makes a joke out of her in front of most of the cafeteria. Ahhh high school. I think I’ve blocked out most of my high school years. She of course is saved by Neil who instantly calms her and keeps her from running in tears. Neil. He became the sweetest high school guy ever right there at that moment. Oh I should mention the whole time Ellen’s brother is watching and not doing anything!! If at then end of the book if you don’t find him disgusting like I did, I don’t know what more could do it.

“Finally I could breathe again. I couldn’t help but look down at the spot just above my elbow where his hand had just been. When was the last time someone touched me so kindly?”

Neil and Ellen start hanging out more and more after this only to be under the constant stares and rumors of something happening in the past with Neil. Something happened when he was young and the rumors have stuck with him since. And like some rumors there’s a little truth to them.

Neil has secrets. In fact he has seven of them. They are very surprising and I will tell you one of them.... He can read a person’s mind. Imagine having a boyfriend that can read your mind! How good and bad would that be?

I feel if I go further I will start telling about the whole book and I don’t want that. I fell in love with Josh who is Neil’s friend and you learn how that happened. Josh is the greatest big brother to Neil and Ellen. I will say that the ending was very surprising and I wouldn’t count out a sequel. They way it’s set up only makes me think that there will definitely be a sequel. I can only hope because I want to know the rest of the story of Neil and Ellen. I want to know what happens after she finds out that he has done something that is very difficult for her to accept.

From what I understand this is Danvers first book and I look forward to reading more of her work. I give this book 3 out of 5. ( )
  kristenmtaylor | Jan 19, 2013 |
This book is dedicated to the two most wonderful men in the world; my husband Nathan and our son John.
In the end, it wasn’t my life that flashed before my eyes but the image of the drowned rat I had found in our pool just weeks before. The thing had been hideous and bloated, and all I could think was that I didn’t want to end up that way.
Seven devils bring them on I have left my weapons 'cause I think you're wrong these devils of yours they need love
- “Body and Soul” by Tori Amos

After nearly being drowned by her alcoholic father, 17-year-old Ellen, her mother, and her brother move across the state to start over. Ellen soon meets Neil, a gorgeous loner with a bad reputation. Her classmates warn her to stay away, but he seems to be the only one who understands her. Besides, the rumors about Neil are too far-fetched to be believed. When she is threatened by Derrick (a jealous classmate) it becomes clear that there is more to Neil than meets the eye. In this sexy page turner, Ellen must discover Neil's dark secrets and learn to stand up for herself before the plot hatched against her unfolds.

Sara Danvers is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,364,368 books! | Top bar: Always visible