New Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon) by SM…

New Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon) (edition 2012)

by SM Reine

40None283,685 (3.46)5
Member:bburke79
Title:New Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon)
Authors:SM Reine
Info:Red Iris Books (2012), Kindle Edition, 53 pages
Rating:***1/2

New Moon Summer by SM Reine

Is this just a short story? Is there other books before this one? Is this a Prologue?? Cause it's too short. And it leaves me hanging. :O

Oh. Okay. I get it now. There's a series before this. But I don't think I'd want to read it. Cause in here I believe there'll be a love triangle. :O Oh for the love of God. Love triangle again. It's like TVD all over again. Yeah, the guys are brothers. *rolls eyes* ( )
  lexiechan | Sep 10, 2013 |
Received this book via LibraryThing.com member giveaway for an honest review.

This novella was about 48 pages on my eReader. The story was a bit choppy at the beginning and it felt like I started reading a story of characters that were already developed from another book. So for these reasons I wasn't too happy. By the end of the short novella, I did get interested in the characters but I don't like that the author is asking for comments on how to write the ending of these characters tales. For me and based on these reasons, it was a waste of time reading this. If this novella is based on already existing books, I'd recommend updating the end of this book by removing where the author asks for 'feedback' on the storyline and only recommend this book to those that may be familiar with the characters. Otherwise, as it currently is, I would not recommend. ( )
  llyramoon | Apr 27, 2013 |
I didn’t realise when I started reading this book that it was only going to be the first part of a longer story, so the ending was a little more abrupt than I would have liked. I wanted to know what happened next as there were a few plot developments that had started that I was interested in seeing how they ended. What I did read I really enjoyedso I’d recommend this book, but I’d say get the next ones as well, so the story has a conclusion. On what I’ve read so far, 4/5. ( )
  autumngirl70 | Apr 3, 2013 |
A very sweet story. I enjoyed meeting the characters in this short story. There is just enough story to get the reader intrigued and want to know more. I am looking forward to the next installment. ( )
  mnm123 | Feb 1, 2013 |
I received New Moon Summer in return for an honest review from a Librarything give-away. Rylie is the Alpha werewolf leader of the werewolves and fresh out of high school. She lives on a ranch which is really a werewolf sanctuary which she has guarded for two years with the help of her boyfriend and his brother. Seth has headed away to college so Rylie’s closest friend is Abel who happens to be Seth’s older brother. Seth isn’t a werewolf but a hunter which is attuned to living werewolves. However his brother Abel is a werewolf and Rylie’s second in command plus her wolf is attracted to him. With the return of Seth Rylie receives a cryptic note along with a silver bullet but she assumes it’s from Seth.

Abel heads off into town to pick up a new wolf that will be staying at the sanctuary only to find out that the wolf wasn’t on the plane as expected. Scott the one in charge of the sanctuaries and handles all the business that the wolves may need like travel, hotels, and anything else that comes up. When he learns that the wolf is missing he sends Seth to find him before he returns home to the ranch for the summer. When Rylie doesn’t hear from Seth after several days she decides to go find him taking along his brother to protect her. When they find Seth they learn that there is more going on than a missing wolf and that the bullet wasn’t from him.

I’ve not read any of S.M. Reine’s books before but I love a good werewolf story. It’s a fast paced story only fifty pages but it’s easy to be sucked in and left wanting more. I wish I knew more about Rylie so maybe I should have read her other series first but it’s not the first time I’ve read out of order. I’ve already added the original Seasons of the moon series to check out and learn more about Rylies back story. I like the concept of the sanctuary for the wolves as well as the idea of the hunters. I really enjoyed the story I just want more and wish I had read the books that have the start of who and how Rylie became a werewolf . ( )
  kalyssa | Dec 16, 2012 |

Rylie is Alpha: the leader of the werewolves. They're an endangered species living in a sanctuary, and she's guarded them for two peaceful years.

The peace is shattered when somebody sends Rylie a threatening silver bullet. A new member of the pack goes missing. And to make things worse, her inner wolf is strangely attracted to her boyfriend's brother, leaving her torn between the love of two men--one of them a werewolf, and the other a former hunter.

SM Reine is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,495,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible