All This Talk of Love: A Novel by…

All This Talk of Love: A Novel (edition 2013)

by Christopher Castellani

Member:cdyankeefan
Title:All This Talk of Love: A Novel
Authors:Christopher Castellani
Info:Algonquin Books (2013), Paperback, 320 pages

All This Talk of Love by Christopher Castellani

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have not yet read this book because it was only after I received it that I learned that it was the 3rd book in a trilogy and I can't read books out of order so I'm trying to catch up. I didn't intend on adding 3 books to my ever growing TBR list. I'll get there!
  Sharn | Sep 18, 2014 |
seriously depressing! It would have helped to know that there were 2 books before this in the series! ( )
  yukon92 | Mar 9, 2014 |
I was never really able to work up much interest for this book. It sounded like it was going to be a good book but it really just fell flat. I couldn't find one character in this book that I related to or felt that was likeable. Also it felt like nothing really kept the plot together. It felt like a bunch of wandering around going nowhere. Most of the time I was just wondering what the point of this was. I would not recommend this book. ( )
  dpappas | Jun 10, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Very good book. My life was hectic so it was a bit getting into it, but thoroughly enjoyable.The writing was well-done, the descriptions vivid, and the plot interesting. ( )
  thedomestichick | Jun 6, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as part of the Early Reviewer program. It's also the third in a triology, which wasn't mentioned prior to receiving the book, and had I known that, it probably would have made a lot more sense. This story is an exploration into the lives and culture of an Italian family.

I was surprised that some people loved this book so much. Maybe it just isn't my taste to enjoy books who don't have much of a plot other than interactions between people. I also found the characters in this book to be more annoying than interesting. ( )
  JessiAdams | Apr 27, 2013 |

It’s been fifty years since Antonio Grasso married Maddalena and brought her to America. That was the last time she would see her parents, her sisters and brothers—everything she knew and loved in the village of Santa Cecilia, Italy. She locked those memories away, as if Santa Cecilia stopped existing the day she left. Now, with children and grandchildren, a successful family-run restaurant, and enough daily drama at home, Maddalena sees no need to open the door to the past and let the emotional baggage and unmended rifts of another life spill out.

But Prima, Antonio and Maddalena’s American-born daughter, was raised on the lore of the old country. And as she sees her parents aging, she hatches the idea to take the entire family back to Italy—hoping to reunite Maddalena with her estranged sister and let her parents see their homeland one last time. It is an idea that threatens to tear the Grasso family apart, until fate deals them some unwelcome surprises, and their journey home becomes a necessary voyage.

Writing with warmth and grace, Chris Castellani delivers a seductive feast for readers. All This Talk of Love is an incandescent novel about sacrifice and hope, loss and love, myth and memory.

It's been fifty years since Antonio Grasso married Maddalena and brought her to America. That was the last time she saw her parents, her sisters and brothers-- everything she knew and loved in the village of Santa Cecilia, Italy. Their daughter Prima was raised on the lore of the Old Country. And as she sees her parents aging, she hatches the idea to take the entire family back to Italy-- hoping to reunite Maddalena with her estranged sister and let her parents see their homeland one last time.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

All This Talk of Love by Christopher Castellani was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,460,424 books! | Top bar: Always visible