Dangerous Calling: Confronting the Unique…

Dangerous Calling: Confronting the Unique Challenges of Pastoral Ministry (edition 2012)

by Paul David Tripp

Member:BradKautz
Title:Dangerous Calling: Confronting the Unique Challenges of Pastoral Ministry
Authors:Paul David Tripp
Info:Crossway (2012), Hardcover, 240 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:pastoral ministry

Dangerous Calling: Confronting the Unique Challenges of Pastoral Ministry by Paul David Tripp

Dangerous Calling
Paul David Tripp

Book Summary: After traveling the globe and speaking to thousands of churches worldwide, Paul David Tripp has discovered a serious problem within pastoral culture. Dangerous Calling reveals the truth that the culture surrounding our pastors is spiritually unhealthy—an environment that actively undermines the well-being and effectiveness of our church leaders and thus the entire church body. Here is a book that both diagnoses and offers cures for issues that impact every member and church leader, and gives solid strategies for fighting the all-important war that rages in our churches today.

Review: Fantastic Book!!!! What a personal testimony, and a very relevant topic for today. Sadly I had to agree with many of his views. I think that never before has someone on the inside of the pastorate admitted that something is radically going wrong with our churches and it starts many times from the man in the pulpit or the leadership. I heard for years it is not the people in the pews that are destroying the church, it is the leadership. It also seemed so sad that pastors feel like they can not be real with the very people who are wishing them the most success. His stories that add depth to the call for pastors to become vulnerable and authentic with the leadership and congregants. I found this book to be more for every church goer so that everyone in the church can help those in need. Because being authentic with people in the church is the hardest thing to do, most people do not really know how to come alongside others and bare one another’s burdens.

I would like to thank Net Galley and Crossway for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. ( )
  Robin661 | Nov 18, 2016 |
Excellent book about the problem that many pastors face where they preach the gospel each day but find themselves unable to share with anybody else about their own sin. I'm really concerned about this problem in the church today and I believe this book would be a great help to any pastor or those were concerned about them. Highly recommended! ( )
  HGButchWalker | Sep 21, 2016 |
This was a fantastic book that convicted AND gave hope. Tripp addresses many areas of potential sin for those who are in ministry. Pastoral ministry can be a lonely place where few understand the pressures that go along with the responsibility. Paul Tripp clearly and winsomely exposes those pressures that can slowly and secretly destroy a pastor's ministry. As always, he gets to the heart of those issues, skillfully showing how they all stem from a lack of gospel application.

I would highly commend this one for pastors, aspiring pastors, or those who deeply care about their pastor. It's a must-read. ( )
  codyacunningham | May 9, 2016 |
針對迷惑教會領袖、撕裂肢體關係及導致事奉失衡的種種課題,提出以福音為本的診斷,也對眾教會激烈的屬靈爭​
  OCMCCP | Jan 2, 2015 |
Read 04/2014
  bobbyemccoy | Apr 30, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,663,321 books! | Top bar: Always visible