Edgewood: (Edgewood Series) (Volume 1) by…

Edgewood: (Edgewood Series) (Volume 1) (edition 2012)

by Karen McQuestion

353321,274 (4)None
Member:GMTAPublishing
Title:Edgewood: (Edgewood Series) (Volume 1)
Authors:Karen McQuestion
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 324 pages
Rating:*****

Edgewood: (Edgewood Series) (Volume 1) by Karen McQuestion

I received a signed copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway which was exciting.

This book is about a group of teenagers who develop some abilities and discover that they are wanted by a mysterious organization. Action and intrigue ensue.

In Short: I really enjoyed this book- I definitely plan on picking up Wanderlust- the action was great and so were the characters. The twists were good and i even have some theories about where the story may be going next.

If you enjoy Science Fiction and YA then I would definitely recommend this book.

Rebecca790 | Sep 21, 2013 |
TITLE: "Edgewood"
AUTHOR: Karen McQuestion
PUBLISHER: Self-Published
RATING: 5
AGE: 14+

REVIEW: I don't know exactly what it is, but lately I have really been getting into the fantasy, science fiction, young adult novels and finding them extremely entertaining. I would have to say that in comparison, "Edgewood" strikes me as a cross between " I Am Number Four" and "Hunger Games."

The main story focuses on "Russ Becker" as he suffers from bouts of insomnia that lead him on late night walks around his community; one night in particular finds him witnessing a phenomenon that only happens every 100 years and will change his ordinary life forever.

The characters shine in this novel and are not only believable but masterfully written. Karen McQuestion is an amazing author, one who's creations I intend to continue to read. ( )
  GMTAPublishing | Nov 5, 2012 |
It is official Karen McQuestion has earned herself a spot in my Favorite Authors List. I always knew that Karen was quite talented, but had not read her books until recently. I dove into The Long Way Home shortly after it was released and I fell in love. Karen writes so beautifully; great characters, great setting, great dialogue...the whole package. So I was thinking, authors can't hit it out of of the park all the time can they?

Well yes. I then read Easily Amused and also really enjoyed that as well. I was thinking this Karen can really write. So when I saw that she stepping away from her woman's lit type of stuff and wrote a YA paranormal novel I thought "I need to read this". I was so blown away by Karen's ability to get me engrossed in yet another great novel.

Edgewood takes place in small town Wisconsin, in a town named Edgewood. Russ Becker witnesses an event that subsequently changes the path of his life. Edgewood has an amazing cast of characters, a story that is original, engrossing, funny, interesting and fun to read. It has danger, a bit of mystery and twists and turns that keep you burning thorough the book. I am so beyond excited that this is a series. Paranormal books are such a great escape from the day to day grind and who knows, maybe we all have secret magical abilities that we have yet to discover..... ( )
  Mrsmommybooknerd | Oct 6, 2012 |

Russ Becker thinks he's like everyone else, until the night he witnesses a strange astronomical event and discovers he's been given incredible abilities. As he learns to embrace his new talents, Russ meets three other young people who have secrets and powers of their own. When the four learn they are being hunted, and Russ's family is put in peril, he's forced to take action or risk losing everything important to him.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,673,382 books! | Top bar: Always visible