Down for the Count (Dare Me) by Christine…

Down for the Count (Dare Me) (edition 2012)

by Christine Bell

Series: Dare Me (1)

Title:Down for the Count (Dare Me)
Authors:Christine Bell
Info:Entangled Publishing (Brazen) (2012), Kindle Edition, 128 pages

Down for the Count by Christine Bell

I loved this book :) ( )
  christih | Mar 1, 2015 |
I read, I liked the characters just fine for me to give the second book a chance. There was nothing out of this world good about, but it was a quick, sweet and fun read. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
This. Was. Awesome!

Lacey (I kind of really like the name, btw) catches her brand new, and I mean BRAND new husband fucking her bridesmaid (and best friend) at their wedding reception, she bails. With the assistance of her other and true best friend, Cat and brother, Galen.
Lacey has had a crush on Galen since they were kids, but being treated like the annoying little sister, it never led anywhere.

Galen, a professional boxer, suggests Lacey do something drastic and carefree with herself, find herself and learn to stand up for herself and not conform to her mother's stone cold nature. Lacey decides to go on her honeymoon to Puerto Rico and Galen joins her. As a friend. As support. Chyeah!

Lacey sure learns how to live life for herself and not her mother or the family business. She learns what true love is and what's important in a relationship.

Christine Bell nails this story spot on in the head. It starts with a bang (pun PUN!!!) and ends with the expected HEA, but the journey in between is fantastic.

It will make you all want a Galen of your own.

Go read! ( )
  TheBookHammock | Sep 24, 2013 |
I was pleasantly surprised by this hot, short read from an author I'd never read before.

The plot was interesting, the characters were engaging, and the sex was hot.

What kept it from 5 stars: The continued use of the nickname "squirt". If you are fucking her, stop calling her that. She is not your little sister. And a couple other random items (tight channel was used, and at one point, the heroine's hair was written as red instead of the honey it was through the entire book, and the unsatisfactory resolution with her whore of a mother).

All in all, though, this was a good way to spend an afternoon. I'll be checking out more of Ms. Bell's work. ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
One sentence made me love him on the spot, Galen Thomas.
"Dear Satan. I don't know why you're testing me, but I don't like it. No love, Galen."
Lacey had the worst surprise ever, discovering her husband on her wedding day screwing her best friend and bridesmaid on a closet.
That just made me feel sorry for her, and not even comprehend how she had the state of mind to not flip ( of course she flipped ), and take the gallantry way out ( I would have killed both of them :P, I guess I´m not polite lol ). After that came the night that changes everything between Galen and Lacey.
They are both harboring a crush since early on, but neither of them ever tried anything, or even though the other one felt the same way. One night of drinking, daring, and I never, changes all of that, and we are left with a cute, lovely and fun honeymoon (without the husband).
Galen is the sweetest man, not trying to pressure her but at the same time fighting himself against the hot and steamy feelings he has. Lacey is fighting against what she thinks is right and her naughty toughs towards Galen.
Seeing a god like that almost naked :O who wouldn´t have a hard time.
I loved the book, it took both of them on a journey so fun, sexy and romantic. There were moments so funny, Galen is hilarious, and her reactions to some of the things he does and says are just priceless.
She found her man.
I loved what he did in the end, she needed that little push to realize what she truly wanted, and most importantly to understand that she had to fight for what she wanted, and search on her the thing that mattered to her and start doing things for her.
It was a life lesson she needed, and he made the sacrifice and hurt in the process for her to able to get there. He made the ultimate sacrifice and I´m glad we got a HEA :)
Lovely compelling sweet story, that made me turn the page and want for more :)
  SBookLover | May 19, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,805,631 books! | Top bar: Always visible