Courting Cate (The Courtships of Lancaster…

Courting Cate (The Courtships of Lancaster County) (edition 2012)

by Leslie Gould

Member:myoldkyhome
Title:Courting Cate (The Courtships of Lancaster County)
Authors:Leslie Gould
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2012), Paperback, 352 pages

Courting Cate by Leslie Gould

An Amish story depicting misunderstanding/assumption/insecurity. With a new twist on "The Taming of the Shrew," it was a clean romance book. Well written characters with flaws and virtues that allowed the reader to see that everyone faces problems and have real emotions that they may struggle with. Overall a good stand alone book. ( )
  Passion1kiss | Apr 12, 2014 |
I am between liking it and very much liking it.

There were parts I really liked, and then there were time I needed to put it down and walk away.

I loved Cate's spirit and how her relationship with Pete grew from the beginning. I was unimpressed with the selfishness of her sister and how she always seemed to get her way.

jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Love a good Amish book, this one did not disappoint . Enjoyed it very much. ( )
  Quiltlady | Sep 13, 2013 |
This book was a good read from beginning to end! I enjoyed this book so much. I haven't read an Amish fiction book quite like this one. I think that is why I liked it so much.

Cate Miller is one feisty gal. She has resigned herself to the fact that she will never marry. All the guys hang around her younger sister Betsy without giving Cate a second glance or so it seems. Perhaps her grumpy and grouchy attitude doesn't help. Maybe Pete Treger, from New York can soften Cate up, then again maybe not. Will Cate ever find someone to love and will she find happiness?

When we distance ourselves from God, things can turn out far different then what we hoped it would. Will Cate find her way back to God and happiness? Can she let go of bitterness and learn to forgive?

I am looking forward to reading more books by this author. ( )
  passionforbooks | Aug 26, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Courting Cate is a charming story that I read in one sitting because I was keen to reach the inevitable happy ending. The writer attempts to marry Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew with an Amish romance. While it is a clever idea, it doesn’t quite work. I liked this Cate all along, and I never saw her as an unlovable shrew. She erroneously saw herself this way, but she was actually quite selfless and caring. So instead of being “tamed,” I saw her as being treated harshly and unfairly. Still, I enjoyed the read as lighter fair and appreciated the glimpse into Amish ways. I recommend it for a quick read for fans of Amish and/or Christian romance. ( )
  TheLoopyLibrarian | Aug 12, 2013 |

In Paradise, Pennsylvania, Cate Miller is known more for her sharp tongue and fiery temper than her striking appearance. Her sweet and flirty sister, Betsy, on the other hand, seems to have attracted most of the bachelors in Lancaster County!

But the sisters' wealthy father has made one hard-and-fast rule: older Cate must marry first, before younger Betsy can even start courting. Unfortunately, untamable Cate has driven away every suitor—until Pete Treger comes to town, that is.

Prodded by the men of the area, Pete turns his attention to winning Cate's hand. But is his interest true or is there a scheme at play?

#1 Bestselling Author Leslie Gould Delivers a New Amish Romance Series

When Amish farmer Pete Treger moves to Paradise Township, Pennsylvania, seeking a better life, he meets sisters Cate and Betsy Miller. Both are beautiful, but older sister Cate is known more for her sharp tongue and fiery temper than her striking appearance. Betsy, on the other hand, is sweet and flirty--and seems to have attracted most of the bachelors in Lancaster County!

However, the sisters' wealthy father has made one hard and fast rule: elder sister must marry first, before the younger can even start courting. Unfortunately for poor Betsy, and for the men who want to court her, her older sister, Cate, doesn't have any suitors--until Pete comes to town, that is.

Though he finds both sisters attractive, something about Cate's feisty demeanor appeals to him. Soon the other bachelors in the district convince Pete to court Cate. She hardly seems receptive to his overtures, though. Instead, she's immediately suspicious of his interest.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:42 -0400)

Cate Miller has scared off every suitor. Pete Troyer has never failed at anything. Could he be the one to finally tame the fiery Cate?

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Courting Cate by Leslie Gould was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,346,901 books! | Top bar: Always visible