I Run, Therefore I am STILL Nuts! by Bob…

I Run, Therefore I am STILL Nuts! (edition 2012)

by Bob Schwartz

Member:BradKautz
Title:I Run, Therefore I am STILL Nuts!
Authors:Bob Schwartz
Info:Human Kinetics (2012), Edition: 1, Paperback, 264 pages
Tags:running, humor

I Run, Therefore I am STILL Nuts! by Bob Schwartz

2010s (1) 2012 (1) Early Reviewers (2) fitness (1) humor (3) October 12 (1) PN (1) running (5)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book attempts to be humorous by pointing out the oddities in the life of a runner. Unfortunately, it illustrated a few scenarios that hit too close to home and felt embarrassing - more like boldly announcing our dirty laundry. The stories might be funny for some, but not for me.
  lisa2 | Feb 10, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Recently, I started reading the American humorist, S. J. Perelman. I quickly threw it down out of boredom, discovered a volume of Saki, and devoured that instead. There's a difference between corn and wit.

This book of running essays, is as corny as it gets. For example, I haven't seen so many ditties "sung to the tune of " - since reading Mad Magazine. Nor is Schwartz's 42-essay collection very informative about running and running culture. This may be a good selection for a pre-teen, male, interested in running. But I'm not sure it would hold the interest of any others interested in the sport. ( )
  Sandydog1 | Dec 25, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have to say that this book did not make me laugh. I was very hopeful because a humorous approach to one of my main interests is always welcome. As I read through I Run, Therefore I am STILL Nuts! I could not help think that the humor was forced.

It was the equivalent of having a conversation with that person who repeats the same corny jokes over and over. Now imagine being at a party where everyone is like that! "Is it Tuesday, today?" "All day! Haha." Um, yeah, thanks bud. Not very witty.

There were some nuggets of wisdom in the writing but this is geared toward the novice runners. The illustrations were well done.

I'm sorry to say that I did not like this book. I was glad that the chapters were short and that there were illustrations every few pages. ( )
  nvgomez | Dec 18, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is NOT a book for non-runners. With that said, I found the book a light, fun book that is often humorous. There are 42 chapters, none longer than 6 pages. A perfect book to keep lying around for a quick read. You can flip thru and find a topic to read about or just read from front to back. This book would be a perfect gift for the beginning or expert runner. ( )
  atsirt | Dec 17, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Bob Schwartz is back with a followup to his first book and it's filled with more
laughs and groans of recognition. If you enjoyed "I Run Therefore I Am Nuts!",
grab a copy of "I Run Therefore, I Am Still Nuts!"! If you haven't read either, what are you waiting for?!
If you are or have ever been a runner, or even if you're not but you are closely related to one,
you need to read both these books. You will undoubtably see yourself (or your loved one) in many of the
chapters, many with a good laugh, some with a groan. I haven't been running for quite some time but I
still relate to so much of his books and it also inspires me to get back on the roads. ( )
  Mantra | Dec 5, 2012 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

I Run, Therefore I am STILL Nuts! by Bob Schwartz was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,530,393 books! | Top bar: Always visible