My Off-Season with the Denver Broncos:…

by Loren Landow, Mike Klis (Contributor)

Member:Hillgirl
Title:My Off-Season with the Denver Broncos: Building a Championship Team (While Nobody's Watching)
Authors:Loren Landow
Other authors:Mike Klis (Contributor)
Info:Taylor Trade Publishing (2012), Hardcover, 232 pages
Rating:****1/2

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I requested this book mainly because Tim Tebow was a part of the Broncos for a season. I was interested to see if he was mentioned much. As a female, who watches only a little football (but understands it well), it was a pretty cool book. I enjoyed the behind the scenes perspective. ( )
  Canaan25 | Jan 7, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Although a KC Chief's fan, my husband was more than willing to read this for a review for me. After reading it he said he enjoyed the first hand account and had a deeper appreciation and understanding of those involved with the Broncos organization. Our nephew was the starting quarterback for his high school football team and has earned a scholarship to play at a private college in Iowa. He hope to double major in Athletic Training and Sports Medicine and dreams of coaching some day. My husband gave this book to our nephew with high praise for him to read it as well. It has earned a 4 star rating from us!!

My rating system is as follows:

5 stars - Excellent, Worth Every Penny, Made It Into My Personal Library!
4 stars - Great book, but not a classic. Passing on for others as a must read & encourage to review.
3 stars - Good overall, generally well written with few errors. Passing on to community library for others to enjoy.
2 stars - Would not recommend based on personal criteria, too many typo's, lack of character development, or simply unreliable story-line for me.
1 star - Difficult to read, hard to finish, or didn't finish. Wouldn't recommend purchasing or reading.

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, you should assume that every book I review was provided to me by the publisher, media group or the author for free and no financial payments were received, unless specified otherwise. ( )
  anothersheart | Jun 19, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I got this as an early review copy and was excited to give it to my son, an avid football...and especially Denver Broncos...fan. Unfortunately, for whatever reason he has not shared the enthusiasm for the book and it has sat unread on a shelf for upwards of five months now. It really does look like an interesting book, but it seems I've misjudged the target audience. ( )
  mnegranza | Jun 5, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I, who knew next to nothing about football, now understand the sacrifices and hard work i.e. training that goes into building a team. Everyone had written off the 2011 Bronco team, but they went on to win the AFC West. How a disorganized group of men turned into a championship team is told from the inside by Loren Landow, the unofficial pre-season trainer and journalist Mike Ktis of the Denver Post Newspaper. Training tips and photos are included and can be applied by the reader to any sport to maximize athletic potential but reduce risk of injury. Page after page paints picture for the reader to understand the dynamics of training. Easy reading as I found myself reading and learning. Using the lockout to build a team was a challenge shared now with the reader, and showed me that the author went beyond what was required to build this team..

I recommend this book for anyone interested in sports, but especially those who eat and sleep football. An insider's view is a rarity; this book is a gem and a great gift for any age. ( )
  bakersfieldbarbara | Dec 7, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Not being a Denver Bronco fan but definitely a fan of some of the players, I thought I would give the book a chance. Okay being a woman I wasn't really sure if I really wanted to read about what goes on while all these men are on the field and practicing the same thing day in and day out especially through the lock out. But I found that this book was really more about how this man really set out to work with this team in smaller groups and really showed how the members got in shape and showed us so much about people we only hear about, Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn.etc. I as a woman enjoyed this book and I believe whether you are a Broncos fan or not that this book gives insight to people, football, and how one man loves the game.... ( )
  Hillgirl | Dec 5, 2012 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

My Off-Season with the Denver Broncos: Building a Championship Team (While Nobody's Watching) by was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,353,772 books! | Top bar: Always visible