Finding Home (Christmas Holiday…

Finding Home (Christmas Holiday Extravaganza) (edition 2012)

by Marianne Evans

332,001,085 (5)None
Member:judyg54
Title:Finding Home (Christmas Holiday Extravaganza)
Authors:Marianne Evans
Info:Pelican Ventures Book Group-White Rose Publishing (2012), Kindle Edition
Rating:*****
Tags:Kindle book

Finding Home by Marianne Evans

REVIEW ON “Finding Home (Christmas Holiday Extravaganza)” by Marianne Evans

READ start (4/21/2015); finish (4/22/2015)

SENSUALITY RATING: Kisses only few and very far between

GENRE: Inspirational Romance

SETTING: Sunny California to cold London England during the Holiday Season

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: ALEXA GORDAN in the Banking Investment field. She has the gift of being able to bake. As God speaks to her, she questions her self-worth. VANESSA COLBY (Peter’s twin sister) believes in things that she can touch, see and feel and does not understand a God she cannot see. She has built her life around working at Harrod’s department store.

CENTRAL MALE CHARACTER: PETER COLBY; desired bachelor; has a love for Christ and is a talented computer guru working for his father’s company.

SYNOPSIS: Nothing like being invited to London by her best friends from college and after being dumped by Derrick the Destroyer. She is fearful to let love blossom but God has a plan if she would only listen and follow.

WHAT I LIKED: A day or two at Harrod’s sounds absolutely heavenly. Nothing like a twin sister to position people under a mistletoe.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE: Alexa’s self-doubt was a bit annoying at times. The cover of the book appears misleading; thought I was going into a modern day cowboy meets girl book.

RATING: (5) stars. A story that reminds readers that God has a plan for us all. Excellent story about Friendship, Doubt, Hope and Love. On my list of rereads. ( )
  Chandra-of-Red | Apr 24, 2015 |
What a great story! I loved all of the characters and could hear the British accent in Peter and Vanessa's speech as I read. The ending was so good it just made me want to read the book all over again. I don't give out alot of 5 star reviews, but this one was a winner.

Alexa Gordon has had a disappointing break-up and now she just wants some joy and fulfillment and happiness in her life, not heartache and self-doubt. So when she hears from her good friends Vanessa Colby and brother Peter in England (Vanessa was her dorm mate when she studied abroad 3 years ago) she decides to fly back to England for a visit. When Alexa was in England before, Peter was just a guy that was fun to hang out with, but this time around they both start to realize what they have is more than just friendship. But Alexa lives in America and Peter in England so Alexa doesn't see how this new relationship could possibly work. But as the Bible verse at the beginning of this book says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will direct your paths".

What a fun romantic story. I loved Peter's endearing "Lexie-love" nickname for Alexa. He was quite the guy and made quite an interesting ending to this story. I loved everything about the story and it taking place around Christmas made it a perfect to read, with Christmas only days away! ( )
  judyg54 | Dec 15, 2012 |
Alexa Gordon was happily engaged and planning a wedding until her fiance betrayed her. Left with frayed emotions, her friends from college, Peter Colby and his sister Vanessa, ask her to come to England. Feeling like that might be just what she needs, she books her flight. Peter and Alexa have always been treasured friends but this visit seems to bring forth emotions of more than just friendship. Peter knows she's been devastated but is determined to show her how much he truly loves and values her. But will it be enough to make her stay? And will Alexa finally figure out that home is where the heart is?

Want to get away, shop at Harrods, enjoy a high tea, and experience the sights and sounds of London? Then I highly recommend Finding Home! You'll find yourself whisked away on a wonderful vacation that you don't even have to pack for. I loved getting to know Alexa, Peter and Vanessa. Peter was amazing. I loved his intensive yet playful ways and could just imagine everything he said with that wonderful British accent. Alexa was someone that was very sweet, fun, and easy to relate to. Together they were absolute magic. Vanessa could easily be a good friend with her loving and caring ways. As I was reading the story the verse that kept coming to mind was, "A man's heart plans his way but the Lord directs his steps". Sometimes what we think we want or need isn't what the Lord wants for us but it's great to remember that He directs our steps. So, are you ready to travel abroad? Finding Home is a great way to go. No tickets required!

File Size: 242 KB
Publisher: Pelican Ventures Book Group-White Rose Publishing (November 2, 2012)
ASIN: B00A19QJHS

*This complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  love2readnovels | Nov 11, 2012 |
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6
To Clare Revell:  Love and thanks for your awesome help and input on making sure this novel passed UK quality control.  You're an ace! ;-)
To Steve:  You're a blessing God gave me that I treasure so much.  Thank you for always letting me chase my dreams.  When people ask me about the prototype for my heroes, yours is the first, and last, face I see.
The dance was as familiar as a Southern California sunrise.  Stove to sink.  Sink to refrigerator.  Refrigerator to pantry.  Alexa Gordon gathered supplies and stirred pots, flowing into her pastry baking exercise with effortless precision.
Yeah soon..... There's another reason why I called.....Can you see this?
A hug like that is something you just don't get when you dwell in the land of electronic communication.
His name is Ray Callahan.  He works in the investments department at the Bank of England, thank you very much.
Think ur schedule might allow for a dinner engagement?  Would love 2 talk 2 u again---and show u around the bank.  Interested?
So, you have been thinking about God.  I wondered.  And hoped.

A story about disappointment; friendship, faith, hope and love.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,995,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible