Finding Home (Christmas Holiday…

Finding Home (Christmas Holiday Extravaganza) (edition 2012)

by Marianne Evans

222,551,640 (5)None
Member:judyg54
Title:Finding Home (Christmas Holiday Extravaganza)
Authors:Marianne Evans
Info:Pelican Ventures Book Group-White Rose Publishing (2012), Kindle Edition
Rating:*****
Tags:Kindle book

Finding Home by Marianne Evans

Recently added byjudyg54, love2readnovels

What a great story! I loved all of the characters and could hear the British accent in Peter and Vanessa's speech as I read. The ending was so good it just made me want to read the book all over again. I don't give out alot of 5 star reviews, but this one was a winner.

Alexa Gordon has had a disappointing break-up and now she just wants some joy and fulfillment and happiness in her life, not heartache and self-doubt. So when she hears from her good friends Vanessa Colby and brother Peter in England (Vanessa was her dorm mate when she studied abroad 3 years ago) she decides to fly back to England for a visit. When Alexa was in England before, Peter was just a guy that was fun to hang out with, but this time around they both start to realize what they have is more than just friendship. But Alexa lives in America and Peter in England so Alexa doesn't see how this new relationship could possibly work. But as the Bible verse at the beginning of this book says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will direct your paths".

What a fun romantic story. I loved Peter's endearing "Lexie-love" nickname for Alexa. He was quite the guy and made quite an interesting ending to this story. I loved everything about the story and it taking place around Christmas made it a perfect to read, with Christmas only days away! ( )
  judyg54 | Dec 15, 2012 |
Alexa Gordon was happily engaged and planning a wedding until her fiance betrayed her. Left with frayed emotions, her friends from college, Peter Colby and his sister Vanessa, ask her to come to England. Feeling like that might be just what she needs, she books her flight. Peter and Alexa have always been treasured friends but this visit seems to bring forth emotions of more than just friendship. Peter knows she's been devastated but is determined to show her how much he truly loves and values her. But will it be enough to make her stay? And will Alexa finally figure out that home is where the heart is?

Want to get away, shop at Harrods, enjoy a high tea, and experience the sights and sounds of London? Then I highly recommend Finding Home! You'll find yourself whisked away on a wonderful vacation that you don't even have to pack for. I loved getting to know Alexa, Peter and Vanessa. Peter was amazing. I loved his intensive yet playful ways and could just imagine everything he said with that wonderful British accent. Alexa was someone that was very sweet, fun, and easy to relate to. Together they were absolute magic. Vanessa could easily be a good friend with her loving and caring ways. As I was reading the story the verse that kept coming to mind was, "A man's heart plans his way but the Lord directs his steps". Sometimes what we think we want or need isn't what the Lord wants for us but it's great to remember that He directs our steps. So, are you ready to travel abroad? Finding Home is a great way to go. No tickets required!

File Size: 242 KB
Publisher: Pelican Ventures Book Group-White Rose Publishing (November 2, 2012)
ASIN: B00A19QJHS

*This complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  love2readnovels | Nov 11, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,661,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible