The Introvert's Way: Living a Quiet Life in…

The Introvert's Way: Living a Quiet Life in a Noisy World (edition 2012)

by Sophia Dembling

Member:bclplyr
Title:The Introvert's Way: Living a Quiet Life in a Noisy World
Authors:Sophia Dembling
Info:Perigee Trade (2012), Paperback, 208 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:nonfiction, introversion, personality

The Introvert's Way: Living a Quiet Life in a Noisy World by Sophia Dembling

A lot of Dembling's ideas in this book make a lot of sense and are very relatable, but it would be more helpful for the reader and better for the book overall if the great ideas were followed up with ways to carry out these ideas in the real world. I still consider it a great book for introverted people because it's nice to know that in a world where very few people take the time to understand introversion, there is someone who has and other people who share our experiences. For the reasons given above and because it reads relatively quickly with humor tossed here and there, I recommend this book to an introvert interested in learning more about being an introvert in a digital, loud, and public world ( )
  literarybuff | Aug 1, 2014 |
Check out "The Introvert's Corner" blog. ( )
  Liz_57 | Jul 26, 2013 |
The Introvert's way is collection of short, blog post like texts on introversion and the problems introverts may face in their everyday life. The book is based on Dembling's personal experiences and the comments she received in her blog. It's a mix of stories and practical advice written in a light, humorous way.

I think Dembling gives great advice, not really telling the reader exactly what to do but gently encouraging to try new ways. I think she could have talked about more topics, now the book is too focused on how to deal with parties. Overall, I enjoyed reading the book although it didn't offer me many actually usable tips. ( )
1 vote SusaLM | Mar 30, 2013 |
Since the publication of Quiet in 2012, introverts have started speaking up for themselves in numerous ways, including blogs and more books. This book by Dembling has the subtitle of "Living quiet in a noisy world". I very much enjoyed the first one-third or so of the book. As I read further, however, it dawned on me that the book is more than likely a re-working of entries from the author's blog. She focuses on introverts and parties as well as introverts' dislike of talking on the telephone in numerous chapters. More information on a broader array of topics would have been more helpful as opposed to more and more on the same subject matter. I pretty much had switched to "skim mode" by the time the end of the book rolled around. While the book makes some interesting points and will provide some degree of comfort and affirmation to other introverts, it's value is diminished by its repeated focus on a limited number of topics. ( )
1 vote kblinn | Jan 9, 2013 |

Introversion Is a Gift.

This clever and pithy book challenges introverts to take ownership of their personalities...with quiet strength. Sophia Dembling asserts that the introvert’s lifestyle is not “wrong” or lacking, as society or extroverts would have us believe. Through a combination of personal insights and psychology, The Introvert’s Way helps and encourages introverts to embrace their nature, to respect traits they may have been ashamed of and reframe them as assets.

You’re not shy; rather, you appreciate the joys of quiet. You’re not antisocial; instead, you enjoy recharging through time alone. You’re not unfriendly, but you do find more meaning in one-on-one connections than large gatherings.

By honoring what makes them unique, this astute and inspiring book challenges introverts to “own” their introversion, igniting a quiet revolution that will change how they see themselves and how they engage with the world.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:50 -0400)

This clever and pithy book challenges introverts to take ownership of their personalities...with quiet strength. Sophia Dembling asserts that the introvert's lifestyle is not "wrong" or lacking, as society or extroverts would have us believe. Through a combination of personal insights and psychology, The Introvert's Way helps and encourages introverts to embrace their nature, to respect traits they may have been ashamed of and reframe them as assets. You're not shy; rather, you appreciate the joys of quiet. You're not antisocial; instead, you enjoy recharging through time alone. You're not unfriendly, but you do find more meaning in one-on-one connections than large gatherings. By honoring what makes them unique, this astute and inspiring book challenges introverts to "own" their introversion, igniting a quiet revolution that will change how they see themselves and how they engage with the world.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,258,631 books! | Top bar: Always visible