Wheels by Lorijo Metz

Authors:Lorijo Metz
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 426 pages
Rating:*****

Wheels by Lorijo Metz

While it doesn't usually bode well when the author has to provide a disclaimer at the beginning of the book so that readers don't get confused, I just loved this book. I thought that the writing was great and the story excellent. It just sucked you in right away and wouldn't let you go! I highly recommend it. ( )
  eheinlen | Jan 29, 2013 |
After being sent to the principal’s office, McKenzie Wu is snooping where she shouldn’t be and the next thing she knows she is being sent on a whirlwind adventure involving some long lost ancestors of hers.
I thought this was a very enjoyable read. The beginning was a little tough, I had trouble figuring out what was going on and who thee characters were and a lot was happening very fast. But once I got into the meat of the story I really stared enjoying it. I wasn’t a huge fan of the interviews by the FBI agent and other letters scattered throughout the book, I didn’t think they added much to what was already a good story. Something about Metz’s writing style is very light and almost always bordering on humorous. I loved this aspect of it because it was very different from other authors I’ve read. I also loved how she wound HG Wells into the book as a main character; it was just another element of fun in this book. If you like science fiction and want an author with a light and humorous voice (something you don’t always see in sci-fi) you should read this book!

For a more in depth and personal review see my blog:
http://explanniefyfed.blogspot.com/2012/11/book-review-wheels-by-lorijo-metz.htm... ( )
  afyfe | Nov 27, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,367,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible