Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons

Breaking Point (edition 2013)

by Kristen Simmons (Author)

After escaping prison, Ember Miller and Chase Jennings are taken in by the Resistance but when Ember tops the government's most-wanted list, Chase urges her to run and Ember must decide whether to hide again or fight back.
Member:Rempala
Title:Breaking Point
Authors:Kristen Simmons (Author)
Info:Tor Books (2014), Edition: First, 416 pages
Collections:2019
Rating:*****

Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons

Chase and Ember are back. Ember now knows the dangers the Statutes and the Moral Militia pose. She is no longer naive. She has seen it for herself. Along with Chase, she has joined a sort of resistance. And while her ultimate goal is for her and Chase to get to a safe house on the coast, they are helping the resistance while they can.

I don't want to give anything away. I will just say that I am enjoying this series. I liked this one a little better than the first book. Still a fun dystopian story with action and adventure. And NO LOVE TRIANGLE! YAY!!

Recommended to:
Young Adult and Adult fans of dystopian novels. ( )
  Jadedog13 | Feb 3, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book. When I read the first book, Article 5, and I got to the end I was wishing there was more. I was unaware there was to be a sequel. So once I found out, I pounced on this book. I loved the fact that the main characters went from just trying to survive, in the first book, to trying to save as many friends and innocent lives as they could. However, as with any book series, I can't wait for the next high energy, heart racing book. ( )
  JosP | Jan 26, 2015 |
[Kristen Simmons] continues the extraordinary dystopian story of Chase and Ember in [Breaking Point]. The concepts of what the US government has become in these books is nightmarish. The evolution of the characters who are coming of age in these books is thought provoking. It was hard for me to put the book down because I became so engaged with Ember and Chase’s struggle. I recommend this book for anyone who likes a well paced story with engaging characters. I will also recommend these books for my school library. ( )
  MsHooker | May 26, 2014 |
4.5 hearts

We’re back into Ember and Chase’s world yet again. They are still one the run and have now hooked up with a group from the Resistance. Ember and Chase are in for the fight of their life.
Ember now has celebrity status and not in a good way. She is wanted. Ember is still determined to find Rebecca and save her, her going places isn’t really easy, with posters of her face everywhere. She stays inside the hotel and never leaves. She seems to have grown up, and to stand up for herself. Chase is still strong and quiet and somewhat mysterious to me. You can really figure him out, he has a lot going on his mind and still feels tremendous guilt over Ember’s mother. Their little romance was something I really enjoyed, and the tension between them is at times palpable.
We have a whole slew of new characters. Some good and some that you really just want to yell at. Wallace and Cara are two that are a big part of everything that happens. Trying to figure them out definitely keeps you on your toes. Billy was a young boy that was takes in by the Resistance. He was a awesome addition. And yes, Tucker comes back into the picture. The question about him is can they trust him or not? I have to say that I couldn’t stand him in the first book, but he grew on me, just a little….
It had been a while since I read Article 5, so it took me a few chapters to catch up. Once I did, it was completely engrossing. The world building was fantastic. There are so many things going on with the Resistance and with the FBR being after Ember and Chase that there are some intense scenes. So much learned this time around. Like, how the article came to be, and what the Resistance is willing to do. There are some heart breaking moments, and some revelations that will play into the next book.
This is a fast paced, exciting ride. With incredible characters, and a captivating plot, this is one heck of a ride. I am looking forward to seeing what happens with Ember, Chase and her group. This is one series that I would definitely recommend reading. ( )
  jeneaw | Sep 30, 2013 |

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,803,470 books! | Top bar: Always visible