Breaking Point (Article 5) by Kristen…

Breaking Point (Article 5) (edition 2013)

by Kristen Simmons

Member:BunaHSLibrary
Title:Breaking Point (Article 5)
Authors:Kristen Simmons
Info:Tor Teen (2013), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 400 pages
Rating:*****

Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons

[Kristen Simmons] continues the extraordinary dystopian story of Chase and Ember in [Breaking Point]. The concepts of what the US government has become in these books is nightmarish. The evolution of the characters who are coming of age in these books is thought provoking. It was hard for me to put the book down because I became so engaged with Ember and Chase’s struggle. I recommend this book for anyone who likes a well paced story with engaging characters. I will also recommend these books for my school library. ( )
  MsHooker | May 26, 2014 |
4.5 hearts

We’re back into Ember and Chase’s world yet again. They are still one the run and have now hooked up with a group from the Resistance. Ember and Chase are in for the fight of their life.
Ember now has celebrity status and not in a good way. She is wanted. Ember is still determined to find Rebecca and save her, her going places isn’t really easy, with posters of her face everywhere. She stays inside the hotel and never leaves. She seems to have grown up, and to stand up for herself. Chase is still strong and quiet and somewhat mysterious to me. You can really figure him out, he has a lot going on his mind and still feels tremendous guilt over Ember’s mother. Their little romance was something I really enjoyed, and the tension between them is at times palpable.
We have a whole slew of new characters. Some good and some that you really just want to yell at. Wallace and Cara are two that are a big part of everything that happens. Trying to figure them out definitely keeps you on your toes. Billy was a young boy that was takes in by the Resistance. He was a awesome addition. And yes, Tucker comes back into the picture. The question about him is can they trust him or not? I have to say that I couldn’t stand him in the first book, but he grew on me, just a little….
It had been a while since I read Article 5, so it took me a few chapters to catch up. Once I did, it was completely engrossing. The world building was fantastic. There are so many things going on with the Resistance and with the FBR being after Ember and Chase that there are some intense scenes. So much learned this time around. Like, how the article came to be, and what the Resistance is willing to do. There are some heart breaking moments, and some revelations that will play into the next book.
This is a fast paced, exciting ride. With incredible characters, and a captivating plot, this is one heck of a ride. I am looking forward to seeing what happens with Ember, Chase and her group. This is one series that I would definitely recommend reading. ( )
  jeneaw | Sep 30, 2013 |
Great book, excited for the final installment. I still don't trust Tucker one tiny bit. Love the character and relationship development. ( )
  rubewrites | Sep 20, 2013 |
This was a satisfying sequel to Article 5. ( )
  asomers | Sep 13, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 076532959X, Hardcover)

After faking their deaths to escape from prison in Article 5, Ember Miller and Chase Jennings have only one goal: to lay low until the Federal Bureau of Reformation forgets they ever existed.

Near-celebrities now for the increasingly sensationalized tales of their struggles with the government, Ember and Chase are recognized and taken in by the Resistance—an underground organization working to systematically take down the government. At headquarters, all eyes are on the sniper, an anonymous assassin taking out FBR soldiers one by one. Rumors are flying about the sniper's true identity, and Ember and Chase welcome the diversion….

Until the government posts its most-wanted list, and their number one suspect is Ember herself.

Orders are shoot to kill, and soldiers are cleared to fire on suspicion alone. Suddenly Ember can’t even step onto the street without fear of being recognized, and “laying low” is a joke. Even members of the Resistance are starting to look at her sideways.

With Chase urging her to run, Ember must decide: Go into hiding…or fight back?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:59 -0400)

After escaping prison, Ember Miller and Chase Jennings are taken in by the Resistance but when Ember tops the government's most-wanted list, Chase urges her to run and Ember must decide whether to hide again or fight back.

23 wanted1 pay1 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,493,117 books! | Top bar: Always visible