Stung by Bethany Wiggins

Authors:Bethany Wiggins
Info:Walker Childrens (2013), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 304 pages
Rating:***1/2

Stung by Bethany Wiggins

My 13 year old son recommend I read this. He said it was really good and sort of pushed it on me, so I read it. I was a little confused about what was going on, there is not really enough details or back ground to get the grasp of what is happening but I continued to read because I wanted to know what happened with the main characters and I wasn't disappointed with the ending it match where the story was going although I don't think I will continue the series...unless my son asks for it. ( )
  AliciaOverstreet | May 28, 2015 |
A clever dystopian thriller, gripping and intense. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
Stung is an awesome book. Fiona the main character is a girl who has awoken to a world not like ours. The world is filled with beasts or people with the vaccine. The vaccine makes you a rampage killing and a mindless freak. If you have a mark on your hand that looks like a circle with legs you are a beast or had the vaccine. Fiona has the mark and she is the highest level. Fiona has no clue what is going on.

Fiona is awoken and wondering where she is. Eventually she gets caught by the militia. She meets Bowen. Bowen is her guardian. After a couple of days at the camp Bowen decides that Fiona is not safe there. Bowen takes her to a old factory where he store food and supplies in case he wanted to go rouge. The militia had tracked them down to the factory so they ran. After a night they find an old hotel. Bowen and Fiona are stating there until Bowen's brother gets there were a gang followed him. Bowen got shot by Fiona. His brother calls in the militia. Then they all go down an elevator shaft escaping the militia and the gang. Fiona gets caught by people. The people put her in a cage next to her brother. The next day a level 3 and a level 10 and her brother fight till the death. After the level 3 dies the level 10 dies. Bowen gets there and blows a hole through the ceiling. The doctors come people get medical help and the end.
  JJS.B3 | Jan 11, 2015 |
This sounds really good
  DaphneH | Dec 1, 2014 |
I had a really hard time getting into this one and I almost didn't read it. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't my thing. I didn't like the style of writing.

That said, I would give the story itself 3 stars. I thought it was ok, and would definitely work for someone who doesn't want to read a huge book. I thought the "romance" part was a little forced, and I had a hard time really wanting to like the characters. It was confusing right up until the end when all of her memories came back. It seemed rushed and didn't flow well for me.

Thanks to netgalley.com for allowing me access to the title. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |

Fiona doesn't remember going to sleep. But when she opens her eyes, she discovers her entire world has been altered-her house is abandoned and broken, and the entire neighborhood is barren and dead. Even stranger is the tattoo on her right wrist-a black oval with five marks on either side-that she doesn't remember getting but somehow knows she must cover at any cost. And she's right. When the honeybee population collapsed, a worldwide pandemic occurred and the government tried to bio-engineer a cure. Only the solution was deadlier than the original problem-the vaccination turned people into ferocious, deadly beasts who were branded as a warning to un-vaccinated survivors. Key people needed to rebuild society are protected from disease and beasts inside a fortress-like wall. But Fiona has awakened branded, alone-and on the wrong side of the wall . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:07 -0400)

When a vaccine to save endangered bees causes their sting to turn children into ferocious killer beasts, the uninfected build a wall to keep the beasts out, but Fiona wakes up on the wrong side of the wall.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,919,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible