Snowmen at Work by Caralyn Buehner

Snowmen at Work (2012)

by Caralyn Buehner

Other authors: Mark Buehner (Illustrator)

Series: Snowmen (4)

When the young boy-narrator of this fourth picture-book devoted to the potential doings of snowmen discovers that his sidewalks have been shoveled by persons unknown, he starts to wonder if his snowman had something to do with it. Could snowmen have jobs, just like people? And if so, what do they do...?

Like its predecessors, Snowmen at Work pairs an entertaining, imaginative tale told in rhyme with bright, colorful artwork, done in acrylic and oil paint. I found it enjoyable, although Caralyn Buehner's text felt just a little bit less smooth, reading it aloud, than the first three. The illustrations by Mark Beuhner were as fun as ever, but the hidden pictures that are to be found in all the books in this series were difficult to locate in this entry. I subtracted half a star for this problem. With the provision that they should be aware of this issue, I do recommend this one to fans of the Buehners' previous three books about the secret doings of snowmen. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jan 11, 2018 |
When the sidewalks look like they have been shoveled, a child wonders if snowmen are magic and have jobs that they do at night while people are asleep.
  LeahAlvey | Jul 6, 2016 |
Eh. Cute enough, but I got bored and I think my kids would have, too. I found the mouse in a few pix and then got tired of looking for it. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
42 Months - We have loved Snowmen At Night and Snowmen at Christmas since O was a baby. Snowmen All Year and Snowmen at Work have the same illustrations, same hidden images and are also very good but just miss slightly the charm of the original. Still enjoyed reading this a few times. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Snowmen at Night was such a great book, I had to read this one. The illustrations are great, just like in the other book, with a lot of color and detail. Once again the story gets kids imaginations going with what might go on while they are not looking, this time with the snowmen having all different kinds of jobs. It's a nice supplement to the original book. With that said, the search and find picture thing on each page is horrible. We had adults searching and searching for the pictures and were unable to find them. We thought that once we saw the answer key we would see the pictures and think it was obvious. Not so. Even with the answer key, the pictures are so small and hard to distinguish that most children would never be able to find them. Many of the pictures hardly resemble what they are supposed to be. It is a terrible exercise in frustration that ruins the book unless you ignore it and don't let the child know about looking for the pictures. ( )
  lightning875 | Dec 18, 2012 |

Caralyn Buehnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Buehner, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

If you were a snowman, what job would you choose?

Ten years ago, on the publication of Snowmen at Night, we discovered the secret lives of snowmen. While we humans sleep, the snowmen go sledding, play baseball, and drink cocoa. But now it's revealed that snowmen don't just play all night--they have jobs to do, just like the parents of human kids. Dentists replace missing coal from snowman smiles while pet store owners help pair snowkids with their very own snowpuppy or snowfish to love. The pizza man delivers frozen pizza, and factory workers make the coolest toys in town.

This fourth book in the New York Times bestselling Snowmen series is a gleeful, goofy delight. Kids will love spotting the silly details in each illustration, and the hidden pictures too. (They can look on the back side of the book jacket for a key to all that's concealed within.)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:36 -0400)

When winter sidewalks seem to have been mysteriously shoveled, a child wonders if snowmen are magic and have nighttime jobs while the people sleep. Includes hidden pictures.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,872,681 books! | Top bar: Always visible