Love of Shadows (The Healer's Shadow) by Zoe…

Love of Shadows (The Healer's Shadow) (edition 2012)

by Zoe Brooks, John L Wilkinson (Illustrator)

6None1,259,452 (4)None
Member:needtoreadgottowatch
Title:Love of Shadows (The Healer's Shadow)
Authors:Zoe Brooks
Other authors:John L Wilkinson (Illustrator)
Info:White Fox Books (2012), Kindle Edition, 234 pages
Collections:Would Buy Print Copy, Would Buy As E-Book, Your library, Favorites
Tags:girl in the glass, healer, judith, love, love of shadows, magic realism, review, romance, sarah, shadows, trilogy, zoe brooks, the healer's shadow

Love of Shadows (The Healer's Shadow) by Zoe Brooks

A great follow up to Girl in the Glass, i find this series so compelling, once i start reading i can't stop and read this one in a day. I am anxious for the author to finish the third installment. ( )
  MarniGreatrex | Jul 10, 2013 |
Could You Overcome Your Fear to Be What You Dreamed?

Love of Shadows by Zoe Brooks is the second instalment in the Healer's Shadow trilogy, I was lucky enough to win a copy of the first book, Girl in the Glass, in a member giveaway on Librarything and, once I'd read that, I had to keep going.

This review will contain spoilers of the first book, so if you haven't read Girl in the Glass yet, (and don't like spoilers) stop here and go read it. I have a review of the first book, so please check it out if you're interested: http://needtoreadgottowatch.blogspot.com/2012/10/shadows-fear-and-lust-for-freed.... This link goes to a copy of the review on my blog, but if you don't want to follow it, I have a copy on Librarything as well. Just search Girl in the Glass in the bar above and look for my name, or anyone else's for that matter. Final warning, spoilers start now.

The start of Love of Shadows begins where the first ended. Judith struggles to stay stay afloat whilst dealing with Elma's death and the consequences and difficulties that follow. Her demons threaten to destroy her and anyone she cares for. The law is advancing and persecuting healers everywhere and all the while Judith tries desperately to listen to her calling, knowing she will be hanged if found guilty.

But as disease and violence threaten her world, it becomes harder for her to deny herself. Harder to hide the truth. Can she heal and keep her secret safe and hidden? Tragedies befall her and darkness threatens to overcome and engulf. Old characters return, new ones appear. This time Judith is older and dealing with issues the first book raised, but hadn't yet addressed.

There are also a few more details revealed about the mystery surrounding Shadows. While the full reveal will no doubt be in the next book, we do learn quite a bit more. Some questions are answered, more are raised and I'm really intrigued to see where it all ends up in the final book.

A great sequel to the first book that leaves me on the edge of my seat for the final instalment. If you loved the first book (and for some reason haven't yet read this one) definitely continue with Love of Shadows. I'm eagerly awaiting the last book and conclusion to the Healer's Shadow Trilogy.

Disclaimer: This book was sent to me by the author. This is not a sponsored review. All opinions are 100% my own. ( )
  needtoreadgottowatch | Nov 19, 2012 |
“She’s done it then,” said Sarah in that matter-of-fact way of hers, as if our employer committing suicide was an everyday occurrence.

In the city of Pharsis traditional women healers are banned from practising and the penalty for breaking the law is death by hanging. After being arrested and interrogated twice Judith is careful to avoid suspicion, but then scarlet fever breaks over the city like a poisonous wave, leaving in its wake the small corpses of children. What will the young healer do?

Zoe Brooks is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,484,547 books! | Top bar: Always visible