Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Volunteer Traveler's Handbook (edition 2012)
The Volunteer Traveler's Handbook by Shannon O'Donnell
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0987706144, Paperback)The Volunteer Traveler's Handbook guides new and veteran travelers through the challenges of finding, vetting, and choosing their ideal volunteer experience. The book's practical advice is interwoven with first-person narrative, stories from a wide range of volunteers, beautiful photography, and expert interviews to help interested volunteers find meaningful ways to give back to communities all over the world-through volunteering, but also through social enterprises and supporting sustainable tourism practices.
This handbook is filled with advice beyond merely where to volunteer, it delves deep into the industry and answers the questions you never thought to ask. The handbook covers:
- the psychology and ethics of volunteering.
- volunteer stories from the author, solo travelers, families, professionals, and many others.
- practical strategies for finding and vetting volunteer organizations.
- tips to adjust to life as a volunteer.
- traveling advice covering safety, packing, food, and cultural immersion.
- resource lists of international volunteering opportunities and sustainable enterprises to begin your research.
Practical, inspiring, and realistic, The Volunteer Traveler's Handbook equips interested volunteers with the information they need to make informed and ethical decisions on their next trip.
This book is part of The Traveler's Handbook Series, which includes books on career break, food, luxury and solo travel. Each niche guide is designed to help travelers see the world in a unique way.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:49 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.