Trouble Bruin (Chinook, Tongue-in-Cheek…

Trouble Bruin (Chinook, Tongue-in-Cheek Alaskana) (edition 2011)

by George Hosier

841,035,133 (4.25)None
Member:NSchumacher85
Title:Trouble Bruin (Chinook, Tongue-in-Cheek Alaskana)
Authors:George Hosier
Info:George M. Hosier II (2011), Edition: 1, Kindle Edition, 216 pages
Rating:*****

Trouble Bruin (Chinook, Tongue-in-Cheek Alaskana) by George Hosier

A collection of articles that give a humorous look at what life is like living in Alaska and confronting many things that we in the lower 48 would never think of having to go through. From coaxing a car to start at 40 below zero to spring cleanup of a lawn once the snow starts to melt and you begin finding things that were lost. Hosier does put his tongue in his cheek to give us an interesting and humorous look at the trials and tribulations of living in Alaska. He makes it sound like great fun and may create a rush of people moving to the 49th state.

Do not skip over the final few articles in which Hosier becomes serious and comments on some issues that are important to him. They are important to him and he has some good points that he brings out in them.

An excellent read and very enjoyable. ( )
  qstewart | Aug 19, 2013 |
i won a copy from the member giveaway. A comical telling of stories of alaskan life. this is a good book to curl up with on a chilly winters night. I enjoyed the authors clever storytelling. ( )
  MarniGreatrex | Feb 5, 2013 |
4 STARS
Trouble Bruin (Chinook, Tongue-in-Cheek Alaskana)

I had a smile the whole time reading Trouble Bruin. It's funny. He has gathered some of his news articles
he had written about life in Alaska. He brought to life what growing up in Alaska was like.
He makes fun of himself and everyone he knew. Not degrading.

I would recommend reading Trouble Bruin if you to want to smile and laugh.
Some of things I learned while reading this book: I am glad that I was not his mother. Not to go hood riding down a mountain. I don't want to try Eskimo ice cream. Don't put your tongue on metal in freezing weather. Wear the right clothes for the weather.
How to attract a Grizzly Bear and many more things.

I was given this ebook to read and asked to give honest review in exchange by Librarything. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Feb 3, 2013 |
I have never been to Alaska, but after reading this, I would definitely want to live there. George does a great job of making you feel like you are a part of his adventures and you really get a sense of the bond he has with these people. This book is good for a laugh and is something people from small towns will appreciate and relate to. I really enjoyed this collection of embellished memories and I am happy to have it as part of my collection. ( )
1 vote NSchumacher85 | Dec 16, 2012 |

George Hosier is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,094,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible