Love Finds You in Glacier Bay, Alaska by…

Love Finds You in Glacier Bay, Alaska (edition 2013)

by Tricia Goyer, Ocieanna Fleiss

Member:tiinaj1
Title:Love Finds You in Glacier Bay, Alaska
Authors:Tricia Goyer
Other authors:Ocieanna Fleiss
Info:Summerside Press (2013), Paperback, 320 pages

Love Finds You in Glacier Bay, Alaska by Tricia Goyer

fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
I loved everything about this book. Once I started I couldn't put it down because I wanted to know what happens with both of the stories that go on in the book. The characters are great and the writing was awesome. I loved how I could imagine where everything was going on because they did such a great job of explaining what was going on and what it looked like because they explained things so well. I am for sure going to check out other books in this series for sure.

FTC:I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my review. The opinions are expressed in this review at 100% my own. ( )
  mattidw | Dec 17, 2013 |
Ginny is on the verge of having her dreams come true. Her producer is offering her the chance to sign the deal of a lifetime. Ginny can't quite forget her old fiance though and decides he will have the best advice for her. So Ginny is off to Alaska to see Brett. When she gets there Brett is out communing with nature, so Ginny gets to know the town without him. She soon is taking care of Brett's grandmother. Brett's grandmother gives her some letters to read about Ellie, another woman who felt out of place in Alaska. Ginny and Ellie's stories parallel each others in some ways, and Ginny and Ellie both will have to decide if there are reasons to stay in Alaska.

This book is actually two stories in one. The first is Ginny's story, and the second is Ellie's. Ginny is interesting. She basically has to decide what her priorities are going to be. This can be very hard to figure out. For one thing, Ginny has had a horribly difficult life. Singing is her dream, so a big recording deal is a gateway to everything she ever wanted. However, she sees another way of life in Alaska. The community is so close-knit there. I think this is something that really draws Ginny in. Having spent much of her life in foster care, Ginny really longs for a family. This longing has shaped a lot of her life. Ellie's story is equally interesting. Sent to Alaska to nanny the children of a widower, Ellie finds that life in Alaska is much more difficult that she could have ever imagined. She too though must prioritize what is important in her life.

I enjoyed this book. The descriptions of Alaska are really able to draw you in. You feel for Ginny. Although she seems to have everything she wanted right at the tip of her fingers, you just want her to choose everything for the right reasons. I found Ellie's story interesting as well, and there is a thread to wrap the two stories together that I didn't see coming. This book will whisk you away to Alaska and make you want to get the priorities in your life straight.

Book provided for review. ( )
  l_manning | Apr 25, 2013 |
Love Finds You In Glacier Bay Alaska is so amazing. It is two love stories from two different periods in time, combined into one. The stories of Ginny and Brett and Ellie and Clay as well as Janey and her siblings are so filled with raw emotion that I, literally, bawled my eyes out throughout the entire novel. God’s love is questioned. But His love is also apparent in the entire story. Both stories, actually!

I love how Tricia and Ocieanna write together. And the authors really did their research on the area of Glacier Bay. They have such compatibility as authors and it is so evident in their novels. Even though they both have different writing styles, their words flow together perfectly. It is my understanding that Ocieanna wrote the letters to and from Ellie and Tricia wrote the story of Ginny.

Even though one part of the story takes place in the 1920′s and the other is modern day, both love stories reflect each other. I can see how Ginny would be captivated and want to read through all the letters to find out what happened to Ellie. I was! I couldn't stop reading. I sat down to read a few pages and didn't stop until I had finished the book. It is that good. Be prepared, though. It is emotional. You will want to have a new box of tissues beside you while you are reading. There will be waterworks. At least there were for me. I cried like a baby the entire time. Not out of sadness but because the story was just so emotional and so heart-wrenching. And I’m not just talking about the characters stories. The way that the mention of God flows through the characters lives and the way He is mentioned throughout the book is very touching. I felt such a blessing while reading this book. That is the only way I know to describe the feelings I had. It is just so good!

This is one of my favorite lines from the book:
… As heartbroken as we all are, we know our calling is here, and our Rock is the Lord.

I received a complimentary copy of this book as a member of Tricia Goyer's 2013 Launch Team. All opinions are my own. ( )
  CinnamonHollow | Jan 7, 2013 |
I am tired, I am hungry, my house is a mess, but I just got home from Alaska! Glacier Bay, to be exact. I stayed with Grandma Ellie together with Ginny. Oh no, that was the book I was reading.
But housework, cooking, cleaning and so on did get left as I went on a virtual tour of the little area of Gustavus/Strawberry Point which is only accessible by plane or boat. I also had to finish this before I went to sleep! The vivid descriptions of the people and terrain are so real, I was completely immersed in the story. Although it is not really a suspense story, I could not put the book down and when I had to take time out for necessities, I had to remind myself that nothing would happen while I was gone, it would still be there when I got back to it. I was anxious to see how it would end, yet dreading finishing it because then it would be over!
One of the best romance novels I have read in the last six months, and I gladly recommend this to you, my reader as well as my friends I talk to.

I received this book free from the authors for the purpose of reviewing it. A positive review was not required, just an honest critique. The opinions stated are my own. ( )
  mbarkman | Jan 6, 2013 |

Tricia Goyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fleiss, Ocieannamain authorall editionsconfirmed

"Sometimes the love we've always wanted is the one we've always had. Singer Ginny Marshall is one signature away from a major recording contract--a dream come true for a girl still struggling to bury memories of the past. Wanting to talk to someone with her best interests in mind, she looks up her former fiance, Brett Miller, in Glacier Bay, Alaska. There, the stunning scenery provides a respite from LA's pressures, and Ginny finds community among the charming residents. She also discovers a box of old letters and is swept up in the tale of Clay, an early missionary to Alaska, and Ellie, the woman who traveled there to be his children's governess. As their story unfolds, Ginny just might discover that healing and love are sometimes found in the most unexpected places."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,918,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible