Fatale, Book 2: The Devil's Business by…

Fatale, Book 2: The Devil's Business (edition 2013)

by Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips, Dave Stewart

Other authors:Sean Phillips, Dave Stewart
Info:Image Comics (2013), Paperback, 136 pages
Rating:***

Fatale, Volume 2: The Devil's Business by Ed Brubaker

The story moves from San Francisco to Hollywood and we now find Jo living the life of a recluse, rarely leaving her estate. Nick Last is still haunted by her and is trying to follow her trail, but unfortunately he is still being watched by the cult in the hopes that he will lead them to her.

Jo meets two young people who have crossed the cult and helps to hide them, the young man is an aspiring actor and before to long he falls under Jo’s spell and wants nothing more than to protect her. As the cult closes in Jo makes a spectacular escape.

Not too many questions are answered in this issue, in fact a few more are thrown into the mix. Apparently Jo had a son at one point, what happened to him? We still know very little about Jo and why she is immortal or why every man that sees her wants to care for and protect her. Deciding I needed to find out what happens next, I went ahead and ordered the next three issues. Obviously this story has grabbed me and I need to continue on. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Aug 6, 2016 |
We get to follow the nephew again and we get more of Josephine's back story. I love the mix of supernatural and noir. Can't wait to keep reading this. ( )

Ed Brubakerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Phillips, SeanIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

"In 1970s Los Angeles, Josephine can't hide from the forces of Hollywood, Satanic Cults, and creepy 8mm films collected by wealthy deviants. And when a struggling actor and his wounded friend cross her path, all hell will break loose, leaving ripples that echo all the way to modern time, where Nicolas Lash becomes more and more obsessed with finding the ageless Josephine and uncovering her mysteries"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,685,920 books! | Top bar: Always visible