The Beast: A Decker/Lazarus Novel…

The Beast: A Decker/Lazarus Novel (Decker/Lazarus Novels)

by Faye Kellerman

English (11)  German (1)  All languages (12)
Gabe Whitman, the piano prodigy, seventeen-year-old foster son of Rina and LA Lieutenant Peter Decker completing a day of testifying for the prosecution in a rape case. It quickly moves on to investigating complaints of neighbors about the smell from an apartment where the police discover a full grown lion and a dead man. The investigation reveals that the victim, an eighty-nine-year-old billionaire recluse named Hobart Penny, was very strange, was willing to pay for whatever he wanted, especially kinky sex, and had no friends. He also had some very unusual collections, part of which lead to other potential victims.

I have been reading the Decker/Lazarus books for years.I was absolutely delighted to read this latest book.The mystery part of the book is interesting. Revisiting the main characters is the best part. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I really loved the series in the beginning but the plots have worn thin. the characters are stale. I don't know if it is a spoiler but it appears Ms Kellerman is setting the characters up for an end of the stories. ( )
  kewaynco | Apr 10, 2016 |
What can I say about the Decker/Rini series written by Faye Kellerman? They have been and continue to be excellent. I enjoy reading about her characters, catching up on what they are doing and I even like the new character that was introduced a couple of books ago, Gabe, and his being "adopted" into the family. He makes an interesting addition. This story as you can read from the synopsis and other reviews is about a twisting and turning mystery involving the murder of rich recluse who decided to live in a low rent apartment complex with tiger. Quite a little twist on the plot I think. This story does set up for a big move for the LT. and his band and with the preview of Murder 101 in the back of the last three books I read on Kindle it seems to be farewell to L.A. and hello, to Upstate New York. I like reading Ms. Kellerman's stories a little better than her husbands and I am on the fence with her son's writing still. But all in all I enjoyed this story and look forward to her new ones in the future. ( )
  Jolenemacinjax | Jan 27, 2016 |
I started listening to this, and the story has promise, but the reader wasn't up the standards I've gotten used to.
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
Seems like this book was written just to set the stage for the major changes the author envisions for her characters beginning in the next book in the series. Not up to Kellerman's usual high standard. ( )
  echasc | Oct 26, 2014 |

"Over the years, Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus have got through a lot together. They've faced more than their share of serial killers and psychopaths. But this time two very different cases may cause them to re-evaluate everything they hold dear. One case involves Gabe, the troubled boy they've taken into their home. The other is much stranger - a man is found dead in his apartment, apparently mauled by his pet tiger. There is more to each case than anyone expects. But will Decker's family distractions finally prove too much? And when the truth comes out, will Rina and Peter's family survive?"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,634,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible