Extraction (Kindle Single) by Douglas…

Extraction (Kindle Single) (edition 2012)

by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child

Collections:Your library, Already Read
Rating:**
Tags:amazon, single

Extraction by Douglas Preston

I guess for a short story its ok. I like full on books with a little more detail. This one did not have the intrigue that a normal Pendergast story would. But what ever did happen to Diogenes' tooth? ( )
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
Short story, too short to pay something for it. Should be tacked to a book ending. Or given away for free.
Scary Pendergast-telling of a nice children-bedtime-story, a twist on the Tooth-Fairy. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
I’m a big fan of the Pendergast novels by Preston & Child. I just finished the 5th book and Pendergast’s character is amazing (as well as the others, of course). I wasn’t even aware of this story until I stumbled upon it looking for some of their other work and I’m glad it caught my attention.

I think this short story was great for a number of reasons. Any fan of this series knows how well these authors write. For a duo, it amazes me even more. Even though this isn’t at all a lengthy story, like their novels are, they were able to grab me in just the same ways. Pendergast’s unique character is on full display and his recollection of this event in his childhood was a great look into his past.

Like the rest of the series, in what seems like an ordinary world, there is a situation that hovers at the edge of believability. Add into that, that Pendergast is a child for most of this story, there’s an almost fairy tale…very dark fairy tale…atmosphere to it. I was pleased with this strange alteration of the “Tooth Fairy” mythology and wonder if any of it was based on real life stories.

I think this is a great story for fans of Agent Pendergast, or a reader in need of something with a little bit of scare factor. I also think it’d be good to mention that I feel this could be read without reading any of the novels, but I think I got a better appreciation of the story and characters due to how far I’m into the series so far. What I’ve read was a little added insight for me as a reader, at the very least.

*Please note, this story has chapters from Two Graves at the end. I didn’t read them, since I’m not that far in the series, so that wasn’t included in my review* ( )
  Robert.Zimmermann | Oct 15, 2015 |
excellent, of course... ( )
  SpiritedTruthSeeker | Aug 5, 2014 |

Douglas Prestonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Child, LincolnAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Douglas Prestonmain authorall editionsconfirmed

From #1 New York Times In New Orleans' French Quarter, the Tooth Fairy isn't a benevolent sprite who slips money under your pillow at night....he's a mysterious old recluse who must be appeased with teeth--lest he extract retribution. When young Diogenes Pendergast loses a tooth, however, his skeptical older brother Aloysius is determined to put the legend to the test...with dire consequences. *Includes a special preview chapter of Preston & Child's new full-length novel TWO GRAVES, available December 11, 2012.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,325,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible