Potty Mouth: A Woman Disabled with Multiple…

by Renae Clare

Member:BejissMom
Title:Potty Mouth: A Woman Disabled with Multiple Sclerosis Bravely Meets Life's Challenges with Courage, Wisdom, and a Profane Sense of Humor.
Authors:Renae Clare
Info:AuthorHouse (2012), Paperback, 312 pages

Potty Mouth: A Woman Disabled with Multiple Sclerosis Bravely Meets Life's Challenges with Courage, Wisdom, and a Profane Sense of Humor. by Renae Clare

A remarkable and thoroughly moving book that provides a window onto the difficult world of someone living with multiple sclerosis. The book is written very much from the heart, with a great deal of love and affection, but is also free of self-pity in its straightforward narrative. It's remarkable that the narrative can be so free of self-pity considering the tribulations Ms. Clare has faced. It's a completely absorbing and fascinating book, highly recommended. ( )
  Mark.Williams | Nov 18, 2012 |
This was a very good book, as far as nonfiction memoirs go. I’m a big fan of the genre and have read dozens (if not hundreds) in my lifetime. I’d say that “Potty Mouth” ranks up there with the best of them. I liked the author’s narrative voice and found her perspective refreshing and uplifting. There was a great balance between the heavy moments and the lighter ones. She gracefully wove in various parts of her life into a seamless story that showed much more than just a woman with a disability. I do feel that some parts could have benefited from a more in-depth exploration, as I occasionally felt things were glossed over or rushed. This is one of those books that could have easily been twice as long and I still would have devoured every page and never been bored. Perhaps she’ll write another one. Recommend to fans of nonfiction and even general fiction (some parts read like it!) ( )
  April_Dawn | Nov 16, 2012 |
The only thing that I didn’t like about this book was that it ended! (okay, that and the block text on my iPad). It was awesome! I mean that in the most reverent way, of course. I didn’t like reading about the bad things the author endured, but what I loved was her strength! My favorite line was “there is no drug as powerful as the human spirit” and that is so true! What an inspiration Renae Clare is not only to people who are fighting this debilitating disease, but to people everywhere who face challenges they think are too much to bear. Ms. Clare could be a role model to us all. She isn’t perfect, nor does she claim to be. And that is what makes her and her story so amazing! ( )
  Kaylees | Nov 15, 2012 |
I read this book in one sitting. I could NOT put it down. I cannot believe some of the crazy things that Ms. Clare writes about, and the crazy people she’s had to deal with! But lucky for me she wrote a book about it so I was able to read about it all. The short chapters kept me turning the pages on my kindle as fast as I could (and the chapter titles are hilarious!) And some of the characters…Dr. Ick, the taxi driver…my God, this woman can tell a good story! She is creative and funny and has a natural gift. I totally enjoyed this book from beginning to end and know that you will too! A MUST read! ( )
  SteffyC | Nov 13, 2012 |
"Potty Mouth” by Renae Clare sheds light on, and puts a human face to, this horiffic disease of MS. And she does it with the best sense of humour, even at the darkest times! I made a lot of notes while reading this on all the points I liked and I think this would make a fabulous book club pick. In fact, I’m going to recommend it at my next meeting. There were so many things the author writes about that we can ALL relate to, MS or not. Like not being a victim, standing up for one self, coming to terms with the past, forgiveness, optimism (even when life SUCKS!) I mean, I can’t even imagine how tough things must get for Renae Clare at times, yet she is still kicking with a big ol’ smile on her face. She rocks!! ( )
  Sam_Ryan | Nov 10, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,666,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible