The Intercept: A Jeremy Fisk Novel by Dick…

The Intercept: A Jeremy Fisk Novel (edition 2012)

by Dick Wolf

Member:tarablythe
Title:The Intercept: A Jeremy Fisk Novel
Authors:Dick Wolf
Info:William Morrow (2012), Hardcover, 400 pages
Collections:Read in 2012
Rating:*****
Tags:Review Book

The Intercept by Dick Wolf (Author)

[The Intercept] by Dick Wolf
Jeremy Fisk series Book #1
5★’s

From The Book:
Days before the July Fourth holiday and the dedication of One World Trade Center at Ground Zero, an incident aboard a commercial jet reminds everyone involved that vigilance saves lives. But New York Police Detective Jeremy Fisk—from the department's Intelligence Division, a well-funded anti-terror unit modeled upon the CIA—suspects that the event is a warning sign that another, potentially more extraordinary scheme has been set in motion. So when a passenger from the same plane disappears into the crowds of Manhattan, it's up to Fisk and his partner, Krina Gersten, to find him before the celebrations begin . . . and time is running out.

My Thoughts:
Over all I found this to be an exciting thriller, filled with suspense from the creator of the Television show “Law and Order”…. and it reads a lot like a screenplay. The plot it’s self was a bit more complex than it needed to be, but it was in keeping with just how devious the planned attack was. He characters were all very real and Jeremy is going to be one of my new favorite heroes. ( )
  Carol420 | Sep 16, 2016 |
I received this book as an Advanced Reader's Edition from the publisher. Dick Wolf's first novel was gripping and exciting, and in depth as far as knowledge of a terrorist plot. Kinda scary, but it's what happened during 9/11 and has almost happened since so it's good to know what to look for. Knowing that he created Law & Order (one of my all time favorite tv shows) I kept imagining how it would be as an episode but it doesn't really work as one, and that's a good thing. It isn't easily fixed or wrapped up like those can be and it's not written like an episode, which I guess I was sort of expecting and pleasantly surprised to find it held on it's own. I look forward to the next book in the series for Detective Fisk, he's a very likable character. ( )
  faerychikk | Jan 5, 2016 |
  faerychikk | Jan 5, 2016 |
Very plot driven, "just the facts" style, quickly read, and entertained. Next.
(I liked it and will look for Wolf's next novel.) ( )
  joeydag | Jul 23, 2015 |
I have appreciated Dick Wolf's television work over the years; so I really expected to enjoy this novel. The plot had some good twists, but too much of the story was 'told' instead of 'shown.' I was never able to achieve an immersive experience.

The narrator has a deep bass voice with very little modulation. I fought against my boredom with the story and the narration to get through it. Given my low level of frustration, I focussed on every mispronounced word. Not something I want to do again any time soon. ( )
  bsiemens | Jun 1, 2015 |

Wolf, DickAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ganim, PeterReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Fisk—assigned to the department's Intelligence Division, a well-funded anti-terror unit modeled on the CIA—suspects that the event might also be a warning sign that another, potentially more extraordinary scheme has been set in motion. Fluent in Arabic and the ways of his opponents, Fisk is a rule breaker who follows his gut—even if it means defying those above him in the department's food chain. So when a passenger from the same plane, a Saudi Arabian national, disappears into the crowds of Manhattan, it's up to Fisk and his partner Krina Gersten to find him before the celebrations begin.

Watching each new lead fizzle, chasing shadows to dead ends, Fisk and Gersten quickly realize that their opponents are smarter and more agile than any they have ever faced. Extremely clever and seemingly invisible, they are able to exploit any security weakness and anticipate Fisk's every move . . . and time is running out.

Days before the July Fourth holiday and the dedication of One World Trade Center at Ground Zero, an incident aboard a commercial jet flying over the Atlantic Ocean reminds everyone that vigilance is not a task to be taken lightly. But for iconoclastic NYPD detective Jeremy Fisk, it may also be a signal that there is much more to this case than the easy answer of this being just the work of another lone terrorist.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,720,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible