Sucking In San Francisco (Sucking in San…

Sucking In San Francisco (Sucking in San Francicso Lily Goodwill's Story) (edition 2012)

by Jessica McBrayer

204515,329 (2.67)None
Member:sherry69
Title:Sucking In San Francisco (Sucking in San Francicso Lily Goodwill's Story)
Authors:Jessica McBrayer
Info:Publisher Unknown (2012), Kindle Edition
Rating:***
Tags:read in 2015, sherry fundin, fundinmental, 3 star review, vampires, paranormal romance, urban fantasy, stand alone series, jessica mcbrayer, sucking in san francisco, san francisco vampires 1, san francisco

Sucking in San Francisco by Jessica McBrayer

I had the book on audio first, but it is also ebook and print. Light-hearted love triangle with the witch between a Jinn and a vampire is half the plot, the rest is a hunt for a serial killer targeting vampires. Good plot and fun story with excellent character development. Not a Sherlock type of mystery, but rewarding none the less. If you take it for good fun, you could love it!
The only problem with the audio performance is that she used her "quiet voice". That made it difficult when I was in noisy settings, but the character delineation and expression of emotions was excellent. ( )
  jetangen4571 | Apr 24, 2016 |
Sucking in San Francisco by Jessica McBrayer has a great title and cover combination. This paranormal romance is written with a light and comical touch, with characters that got me involved and kept me there.

I love the fun humorous, witty, snarky writing that makes sucking sound like it's okay, just a necessity, whether it's for blood or energy.

Lilith, a vampire, works for a suicide hotline. How funny is that? She is an obsessive compulsive under stress, a germaphobe, lysol and handi-wipes always in reach. She swabs the neck of her victim before she sinks her teeth into him. HA HA HA!

Sebastian, a fellow vamp who has been like a brother to her, all of a sudden has the hots for her. He is a vamp casanova. Can she trust him? Or is this just lust? After 76 years, Lilith is having some of the same feelings. How long can she ignore them? Lilith does acts like a teen, so is she a baby vamp?

Aidan is a djinnn that has formed an attachment to her. He met Lilith when he called into the suicide hotline she worked for. She's awakened his curiosity, given him a reason, a disire to live. Can a vampire and djinn be, you know together?

Hannah is another vampire friend. She is a hippie and dresses like a Goth hooker. I mention her, because she is a badass, unique individual and I love her. Will she have a book of her own. *crossing fingers and toes*

Someone else wants Sebastian and Lilith is in the way. Even Hannah is attracted to Sebastian. Is it vampire allure or just his hotness?

The mine's bigger than yours going on between Sebastian and Aidan is comical, sweet and a triangle I didn't mind...for a while. The testosterone challenge was fun, though it did drag on for a long time and Lilith comes across as somewhat of a bitch and a slut. I love them both and hate that she has to choose. But...I feel I do know who it will be.

I loved all the characters each playing their important and unique part to the story. Helena, Julian and Andrew deserve a mention. I love that Lilith works at a crisis center answering a suicide prevention hotline. At least that keeps her food supply going strong. LOL The writing is wonderful and the mystery is alive. We have heroes and villains, the vindictive, evil kind.

I received Sucking in San Francisco in return for an honest and unbiased review.

I see there are more books in the series and I was able to get the second one as an Amazon freebie, YAY. And it is about Hannah. I had a feeling she deserved a story of her own. I am looking forward to another fun and dangerous romp in San Francisco.

To see more visit http://www.fundinmental.com ( )
  sherry69 | Jan 25, 2016 |

To see more visit http://www.fundinmental.com ( )
  sherry69 | Oct 3, 2015 |
The narrator was so horrible that I had to stop listening to the book before I was finished. The story itself might be good so I will try reading it in the Kindle version. ( )
  AnotherDarnReader | Mar 13, 2014 |

Working at a Suicide Prevention Center in San Francisco, Lily Goodwill thinks she’s heard it all—then she gets a call from a man about to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge. Something about the caller, maybe his yummy British accent or Lily’s ability to understand his crushing ennui, makes her break all the rules and rush to meet him. After all, she is a vampire and if she can’t talk him down she can glamour him. But things don’t go according to plan. Her caller glows with blue fire and turns out to be a vampire-hating Djinn. Suddenly, for the first time in centuries he’s found something intriguing. Is Lily really a vampire with a conscience and an obsessive-compulsive disorder, involving Handi-wipes and Lysol, or is she just another bloodsucker? Add in another vampire, with a history of female lovers stretching over three centuries, who swears he’s reformed and declares his undying love for Lily. Stir in a mean pair of witches and a vicious warlock, who are staking vampires around the city and you have a recipe for riotous adventure of supernatural proportions. Lily Goodwill is a quick thinking, smart-talking vampire who’s still figuring out how she feels about dining al fresco in the City by the Bay.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:36 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,262,414 books! | Top bar: Always visible