dismiss

The Bride Wore Size 12

by Meg Cabot

With her upcoming nuptials to PI Cooper Cartwright only weeks away, Heather's already stressed. When a pretty junior turns up dead, and every student in the dorm where she works is a possible suspect, Heather thinks it can't get any worse. And then her long-lost mother shows up....
Recently added byprivate library, expatb, apsing01, Rose9929, RoseTico, sralnuaimi, tsharpie32

I had this book at 3 stars but had to go back and down grade it. After thinking about it, I was really disappointed in this book. I had such a great time reading the other ones that I think I had my expectations too high. That, or I don't remember the others too clearly!

These books are such fun, lighthearted reads. And this one, to me, was the worst of the lot. I didn't care about her mom, or hell, even her wedding. I thought the mystery was a little light as well. I don't know, maybe I was not in the mood - but dang, I didn't like it. ( )
  expatb | Jun 8, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The final book of the Heather Wells series.

A light read with some amusing moments, but as with the previous installment Size 12 and Ready to Rock, it was mostly disappointing compared to the first three books. The plot was trite and repetitive, failing to challenge the characters and offer interesting moments of growth. As a result, the characters seemed to float along and felt extra shallow, and nobody was any different by the end of the story. Other long-running issues, such as Heather's relationship with her mother, are glossed over and are so easily resolved, it's unsatisfying.

It was a very quick and easy read, but didn't accomplish anything significant for the characters or series overall. For that reason, I'm glad that it's over. ( )
  2below | May 25, 2018 |
Cabot's books are so reliably fun it's hard to review this one. I'll just say it was great fun and I look forward to the next Heather Wells adventure. ( )
  annhepburn | Mar 4, 2018 |
I hadn't planned to read this entire series right now, but I got caught up in it. These books are just so cute and fun :). I think this one provided a satisfying ending, but I kind of hope Meg Cabot writes at least one more. I would love to see Heather and Cooper solve a mystery together now that they're married. ( )
  readingtangent | Jul 14, 2017 |
Heather is still that amusing combination of ditzy and smart. There were lots of secrets in this novel that got revealed along with the mystery and everything ends happily. Very satisfying. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Jan 6, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Meg Cabot's book The Bride Wore Size 12 was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,847,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible