The Lightbringers by H. C. H. Ritz

The Lightbringers (edition 2012)

by H. C. H. Ritz

Member:Tasha_Grant
Title:The Lightbringers
Authors:H. C. H. Ritz
Info:Katy, TX : Grey Gecko Press, 2012.
Rating:*****

The lightbringers by H. C. H. Ritz

English (24)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (26)
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Lightbringers is a thought provoking read that makes you think seriously about whether or not this could really happen. Definitely an interesting read. It could have been used a little more work to make it a 5 star read. It was still enjoyable. I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested in the idea of a dystopian society in our not too distant future. Is it possible? You tell me.

Disclaimer: I received this book as an early review copy. ( )
  debdebtig | Feb 22, 2014 |
They're Watching You Right Now!

The Orwellian level of constant surveillance and thought control in this book is enough to make anyone living in Oceania blush.

Remember Nineteen Eighty-Four's torture scene in Room 101? Now image if a group of freedom fighters had kicked the door in and rescued Smith from O'Brien's thought control - That's what you have with THE LIGHTBRINGERS.

Get your copy before this book is banned by Madame President's NEW AMERICA and her legions of 'Feel Good' Operators come knocking on YOUR door! ( )
  GeorgeWPadgett | Mar 21, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Not good, not good at all.
Written like a YA-Book, no background information to make the plot more believable, characters without depth and a magical happy end.
An interesting idea twisted into a waste of time.
Sorry for the harsh words but I really tried to be nice - and failed.
  omf | Feb 13, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received and am now reviewing The Lightbringers through the LibraryThing Early Reviewers Program. The concept of the book very much caught my interest as I love a good dystopian. However, I never really could get into. Everything happened way to fast with really no background information. Though the main characters story did slowly unfold I felt the reader needed to know more about the world around him. I was also thrown off by Nick's sociopathic ways. I can see how the author wanted to show the difference between President Martha's credo of living life in a constant state of happiness, wether forced or not, and Nick / the undergrounds credo of living life however they wanted even if it was violent. But to me his actions were so drastic they became instantly unbelievable. The one thing that I truly enjoyed were the proclomations on how to live your life according to President Marth and the passages from 9 Lives by Watts fromt he Underground. They showed the polar opposition between the two factions. ( )
  Zedd | Feb 1, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was received and read as part of the LibraryThing Early Reviewers Program. I am going to review it without revealing any spoilers because the story needs them to work in this book.

This book The Lightbringers by H. C. H. Ritz is an interesting take on societal change.
While I enjoyed the story, it was a bit too simple, almost a young adult novel with too much violence to get it included as such.
I would have preferred a bit more back story on the How and Why things changed, but instead we must content ourselves with the fallout from the change.

I would recommend this book only to those that enjoy a dystopian type reads. ( )
  mnorris3 | Jan 28, 2013 |

Grey Gecko Press

Two editions of this book were published by Grey Gecko Press.

Editions: 1938821297, 1938821300

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Lightbringers by H. C. H. Ritz was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,648,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible