The Marriage Mistake by Jennifer Probst

The Marriage Mistake (edition 2012)

by Jennifer Probst

Member:Deserie.Comfort
Title:The Marriage Mistake
Authors:Jennifer Probst
Info:Gallery Books (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:*****

The Marriage Mistake by Jennifer Probst

Recently added bydkestler, Danique97, Tinne.Joosen, gigi9988776, suzy40, msralways, ushatten, sarahtx12, private library

4,5 stars!

The best one of the three and I loved every second of it. Carina and Max were crazy hot together and apart. Ridiculous chemistry between them. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Let's start with the fact that I hadn't finished this book. I just couldn't stand it anymore.

It was so annoying. Carina keeps teasing Max, while she says that her fascination in him is over. This is completely childish.
But the part I couldn’t stand was the sex and marriage one. Max and Carina spend night together when her mother finds out about it, she FORCES Max to marriage. Come on! We’ve got 21st century. No one gets married after one night of sex! And what a mother wants her daughter to marry a man who admits that it was just a night of sex and it was not even important?
Of course, Max, who besides is really assertive and modern man, agrees that the only way to save the honor is to merry Carina. This was too much for me.

1 vote Sarielle | Aug 10, 2014 |
This was an easy read. Max was tormented by his attraction to his best friend's sister. She had wanted him since she was a girl. What made it good was the heat between them. I want a Max! Pure heat and power... but with a soft side. ( )
  Kate.Good | Jul 3, 2014 |
  Kate.Good | Jul 3, 2014 |
I'm slightly shallow. I'll admit it now, before you all chastise me about liking this book. :)

I didn't necessarily believe that Max suddenly developed feelings for Carina, nor was the writing particularly brilliant. But, if we ignore that, it was quite a sweet book.

I think everyone has a soft spot for unrequited love, because at some point, haven't we all been there? I think we all love the idea of someone finally receiving the love they deserve - to some extent it gives some hope.

Maggie still irritates me though. She mellowed a bit in this one, but oh my, she was so whiny! ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |

Jennifer Probstprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Maby, MadeleineReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
De Groot, InekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Carina Conte has had a crush on her brother Michael's best friend, Max Gray, since she was a teenager back home in Italy. Now she's earned her MBA and come to work at Michael's bakery empire. Max knows Carina is strictly off-limits, for the sake of his job and his friendship with Michael. But hot-blooded lust wins out at a conference when the two share a scorching one-night stand-- and are busted by her mother! Forced by old-world Italian tradition into a marriage he's not ready for, Max is miserable and Carina is furious. Her new husband is about to realize that hell hath no fury like a woman transformed...… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,375,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible