Unseen by Karin Slaughter

Unseen

by Karin Slaughter

Series: Sara Linton (11), Will Trent (7), Georgia (7)

English (32)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All (34)
A very good, gripping read in the best Karin Slaughter style. While the first few pages were a little slower and had me scratching my head to remember who is who in her world, the action and character details became quite gripping.

This book has two complex women characters, Lena and Sara, who are also antagonists due to the death of a central male character in an earlier book. They are both women in a man's world and have different ways of being tough. Plus, there are two behind-the-scenes women characters who add a lot to the movement of the plot and its intricacies.

Another part that intrigues me about Slaughter's writing is the depiction of a male GBI investigator who is also dyslexic. This disability (or ability to see the world differently) is one of those unseen and often overlooked ones, and the fact that it is mentioned and described is a gutsy addition to the character of Will Trent.

Another good part of what makes this book engaging is the timeline going in a non-linear fashion. While the botched raid is referenced at the very beginning (and makes the opening pages a bit bothersome), the slow building of what happens in the raid and its aftereffects is quite gripping.

Great book that I highly recommend! ( )
  threadnsong | Jun 18, 2016 |
Will Trent has never found it easy to open up to anyone and then he and Sara Linton, another wounded soul, find they can create a relationship which is growing stronger each day. When Will has to go undercover the very fabric of that relationship is stretched to the breaking point as the lies continue to mount. And then Lena, the woman who Sara believes lured her first husband to his death enters with all of her baggage and inherent poor judgment. Add to that the toxic mix of drugs, good cops, bad cops, and someone who is willing to kill anyone who gets in his way of making big money on bad drugs, and you have a storyline that keeps you glued to each page.

Although I really liked the storyline, there was a couple of things that bugged me. For starters, Lena continues to be casted in the role of the "bad guy". It really seems that the things she is being blamed for are just the unfortunate hazards of the job that Sara's husband and stepson chose. Maybe her choices were poor but she does not deserve to be drug through the guilt mill in every past and future book. While on this subject, I became inpatient with Sara's reaction to Will's undercover assignment. Yes he lied to her, yes he didn't tell her everything, but which part of "UNDERCOVER" didn't she understand? She was married to a cop. Come on, Karin.

Now that I'm finished ranting, 4 stars for an action fuilled book and a great plot line. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Interesting people inhabit her books. The crimes are scary but the books are good. Not a book to read at night. ( )
  shazjhb | May 8, 2016 |
Caroline Lee
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
This book kept me glued to my earphones. It's another great read from Karin Slaughter who keeps you interested to the very end with her excellent plots and unique characters. This is the last book that has been written in the seres and I anxiously await the next installment. ( )
  EadieB | Jan 19, 2016 |

Karin Slaughterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Early, KathleenReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Baar, Marry vanCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lenting, InekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Angela, Diane and Victoria -
my champions
Detective Lena Adams winced as she pulled off her T-shirt.
ISBN 0345539494 (paperbacK) and 0345539486 (ebook) are for Unseen (with bonus novella "Busted"). Do not combine the 2-in-1 with this single title work since they are not the same work.

Sent to Macon for an undercover mission to infiltrate a drug and prostitution ring, Georgia Bureau of Investigation Agent Will Trent hides the facts about his latest assignment from his girlfriend, Sara Linton, when the stakes prove higher than any he has yet encountered.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,391,744 books! | Top bar: Always visible