Shards and Ashes by Melissa Marr

Shards and Ashes

by Melissa Marr (Editor), Kelley Armstrong (Editor)

Other authors: Kelley Armstrong (Contributor), Rachel Caine (Contributor), Kami Garcia (Contributor), Nancy Holder (Contributor), Melissa Marr (Contributor)4 more, Beth Revis (Contributor), Veronica Roth (Contributor), Carrie Ryan (Contributor), Margaret Stohl (Contributor)

1941185,960 (3.41)1

I decided to give this book a chance because I like a lot of the authors. But I don't like short stories. I don't like getting invested in the characters only to have the story end after 30 pages and I'm left wondering what is going to happen next. I know that is how a short story is supposed to be, but I don't like it. I feel like I'm wasting my time. So if unlike me, you like short stories, you like these authors and you like these types of stories, then you will enjoy the book. These are some of the best writers of this genre and you won't go wrong with this book of short stories. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I've been really into anthologies lately. I think because I like having several authors in one book. It just appeals to me and might steer me towards an author I've never heard of and really like. That said, Shards and Ashes was okay. Not my favorite, but not the worst I've read. I loved Veronica Roth's addition and Kelley Armstrong's was good as well. Those two stood out. The rest were good, but didn't engage me as much, so with that mind 3.5 out of five stars. I'd still recommend it to people who like dystopian books. ( )
  Beammey | Feb 13, 2016 |
  Beammey | Nov 27, 2015 |
Imagine a bleak, post-apocalyptic future, where survival means hard choices and relationships are fraught with unfamiliar perils... the authors here did, and the result is scary, eerie, often bloody, and only occasionally optimistic. Not a feel-good book, but might be a good choice for those who like steampunk and darker fantasy. ( )
  SunnySD | Aug 31, 2013 |

Revis, BethContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Roth, VeronicaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ryan, CarrieContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stohl, MargaretContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062098462, Hardcover)

The world is gone, destroyed by human, ecological, or supernatural causes. Survivors dodge chemical warfare and cruel gods; they travel the reaches of space and inhabit underground caverns. Their enemies are disease, corrupt corporations, and one another; their resources are few and their courage is tested.

Powerful original dystopian tales from nine bestselling authors offer bleak insight, prophetic visions, and precious glimmers of light among the shards and ashes of a ruined world.

Stories from:
Beth Revis
Veronica Roth
Carrie Ryan
Margaret Stohl

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:37 -0400)

Original stories of dystopian worlds from New York Times bestselling authors.

Melissa Marr is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,111,169 books! | Top bar: Always visible