The Demon Apostle (DemonWars) by R.A.…

The Demon Apostle (DemonWars) (edition 2000)

by R.A. Salvatore

Member:pattermj
Title:The Demon Apostle (DemonWars)
Authors:R.A. Salvatore
Info:Del Rey (2000), Mass Market Paperback, 544 pages

The Demon Apostle by R. A. Salvatore

The last book in the trilogy brings everything to a close in a dramatic and action packed way. It is a good book that has a very fitting end. Many ups and downs and inner struggles happen throughout the book, on both the heroes' and the monks' side. The problem I have with the series is the how the church is written. Not wanting to spoil anything, but it is never shown how the church has power or why common folk look up to it. The church pretty much only murders and tortures, upsets the king, and threaten commoners. This wouldn't be too much of a problem, except the monks play such an important role in the story and have more POVs than the heroes of the story. Otherwise, the characters and writing are well done and the story is overall entertaining. ( )
  renbedell | Jun 3, 2016 |
I flew through the first part before I had realized that I hadn't added it on Goodreads. BOOOOO! Shame on me!
Really though this saga has been awesome! I am so glad that I've finally picked up Salvatore's work.
I really like the intrigue of the Barron's death leaves. I'm reminded of the example of a power vacuum.

Salvatore is also the first writer I've come across that doesn't portray centaurs as stuck up snobs. Loving this factor. Bradwarden is one of my favorite characters and hissupposed death in the first book. Which was certainly traumatic to me.
Roger's plot line in this book has grown and matured; to where he is using his wits for seeing what the Father Abbot is up to. He also makes another favorite character.
The role of the church in this saga is spot on in the importance of, in my opinion; why the church does not rule the land. I see that Salvatore did must have put a lot of research time into the Spanish Inquisition. The writer has really impressed me with this factor alone. Love It!
Tear fest gall-or by the ending because Salvatore isn't honestly writing for the readers; he's writing a sob fest for himself. Damn you damn you! I can't believe this ending. Hopefully I'll be able to find the next book at my local library.
Until then...
Fly My Pretties! Fly! Fly! ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
This is a new world and a new fantasy setting for Salvatore. Young humans who are skilled at both combat and magic are trained by elves as rangers, protecting the humans on the frontier from the goblins, and evil magic using humans. Lots of political intrigue, great heroes and creative fantasy themes made this interesting. ( )
  Karlstar | Jan 17, 2013 |
This book was probably not as good for me as it should have been. I had heard about a very significant plot point, although I did not necessarily know that it was in this book. I like Pony’s struggles and her less-than-perfect decisions. Watching Markwart spiral into evil was also quite interesting. Maybe the best was Francis’ grappling with his conscience. Juraviel’s humans vs. Touel’alfar issue also drew me in. I guess this book had a lot of personal struggles in it. That’s the good stuff. ( )
  rbtwinky | May 7, 2008 |
This one's for Gary, the purest warrior.
Winter is settling on the land, Uncle mather, but somehow, fittingly, it seems quiet and soft, as if the season will be gentle this year, as if Nature herself, like al the folk of the land, is in need of respite.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345391543, Mass Market Paperback)

This is the third installment of Salvatore's Demon trilogy that starts with The Demon Awakens and The Demon Spirit.

Once again the demon dactyl of Corona seems defeated. Ranger Elbryan Wyndon goes north to protect the new settlers from goblins and powries, but his beloved Jilseponie returns to Palmaris. There Father Abbot Markwart is consolidating his power over Church and State with the aid of gemstone magic and the demon's power. Pony's determination to stop the evil abbots puts her and Elbryan in deadly peril, for even the king has been turned against them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:53 -0400)

As Elbryan and his companion Pony travel north to reclaim the Timberland from goblin hordes, they are caught up in a power struggle that will decide the fate of their universe, and in order to be set free, they must choose between life and love.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,569,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible