Janie Face to Face (Janie Johnson) by…

Janie Face to Face (Janie Johnson)

by Caroline B. Cooney

2012 (1) 2013 (3) 2014 (1) Adults (2) Authorship (1) college (3) Facebook (1) family (7) fiction (6) friendship (3) girls (2) hate (1) identity (4) kidnappers (1) kidnapping (6) love story (1) New York (1) read long ago (1) realistic (1) Reeve (1) romance (4) series (2) spring (1) stroke (2) teen (7) to-read (8) twins (1) wedding (2) YA (4) young adult (5)

Belated final book in the series beginning with The Face on the Milk Carton. Janie is in college, trying to put her past behind her and come to peace with her New Jersey parents. But someone is writing a book on the kidnapping...

Worth reading if you've read the others, but for heaven's sake don't start here! These really need to be read in order. ( )
  readinggeek451 | Aug 15, 2014 |
I am so glad that there is a satisfying conclusion to this series. I was really unhappy with how the last book ended. I will post a fuller review closer to the actual publication date because this was a long time out.

Also the problem with reading a book three months before the publication date is that you have no-one to discuss it with. ( )
  matamgirl | Apr 3, 2013 |
Cooney's conclusion to the Janie series presents a gripping, satisfying resolution to Janie and her family's fantastic tale. Unfortunately, the writing is at times stilted, features no differentiation among characters, and "tells" actions and feelings through the first half instead of "showing". Fortunately, the second half of the book is action-packed and, though a few of the plot points are totally unbelievable, the story itself is so fascinating that the reader will more than likely be hooked. I always recommend the Janie series to fans of Lifetime movies. ( )
  DeweyEver | Mar 15, 2013 |
Fifth book in the Jane Johnston series. Janie is off to college and is embracing her birth family as never before. She is also relieved to leave the kidnapping noteriety behind for the anonymity of college. However, her kidnapper is still out there, and Janie may be in danger. ( )
  TheMadHatters | Mar 2, 2013 |
This is the fifth (and maybe final) book about Janie Johnson. Overall, it sews things up for Janie/Jennie (because she decides she's going to be Jennie after all.) I also like getting Hannah's deranged view of things. I am personally having lots of problems with this book. First of all, it takes place in the present day. Texting and facebook play a roll. This is a major problem for me, as I read the first book ('The Face on the Milk Carton') when it first came out 20 years ago! This book should, at least in my mind, be taking place in the mid-1990s. Yes, there could be some online activity and email, but not everything else. In my mind, Janie/Jennie should be in her mid-to-late 30s now. Instead, she was born just about 20 years ago. It just seems weird. Never mind that the face on the milk carton initiative was LONG over by the mid-1990s.

Secondly, Janie/Jennie is way to young to get married at age 20. . . they should have waiting until she graduated from college at least. (I sound like such a grown-up saying this.) Also, it was really annoying when Janie/Jennie kept saying she was going to collage to find a husband because that is the best place to find one. That is just such an old fashioned thought. I didn't find mine in college! ( )
  saffron12 | Feb 23, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0385742061, Hardcover)

In this riveting and emotional conclusion to the thriller-romance Janie series, that started with The Face on the Milk Carton, all will be revealed as readers find out if Janie and Reeve's love has endured, and whether or not the person who brought Janie and her family so much emotional pain and suffering is brought to justice.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:45 -0400)

At college in New York City, Janie Johnson, aka Jennie Spring, seems to have successfully left behind her past as "The face on the milk carton," but soon she, her families, and friends are pursued by a true-crime writer who wants their help in telling her kidnapper's tale.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,716,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible