Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David…

Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls

by David Sedaris

English (118)  German (1)  All languages (119)
David Sedaris makes me laugh out loud. This is a problem since I was listening to the audio version of this book, and passing motorists probably thought I was insane. If it weren't for his flippant remembrances of the cruelty he received from his father over the years, this book would have been a solid 5. ( )
  DrApple | Jan 22, 2019 |
I listened to the audiobook and while it was funny I found I did not care for/about the subject matter of many of the chapters. ( )
  startwithgivens | Dec 4, 2018 |
This is one of the best series of stores from Mr. Sedaris. Really enjoyed this one. ( )
  addunn3 | Nov 21, 2018 |
This is the second book of Sedaris that I read. I like it more Me talk pretty one day . The stories are funny but since is the second book I am not as surprised as with the first. ( )
  CaroPi | Aug 9, 2018 |
Mildly amusing. ( )
  CSKteach | Jul 20, 2018 |
We know this sort of thing won’t fix the economy, but for the moment, it’ll fix us.

David Sedarisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bird, AndrewMusicsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Burns, EmilyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my sister Amy
One thing that puzzled me during the American healthcare debate was all the talk about socialized medicine and how ineffective it's supposed to be.
I was in London during the inauguration and watched the ceremony on the BBC, which reminded me every three seconds that Barack Obama was black and would become America's first black president. At first I thought that this was for blind people, a little reminder in case they forgot. Then it became laughable: Barack Obama, who is black, is arriving now with his black wife and two black children, a group that will form America's first black First Family, which is to say, the first group of blacks elected to the White House, which is white and not black like them. (From "Obama!!!!!")

A new collection of essays from the #1 New York Times bestselling author who has been called "the preeminent humorist of his generation" (Entertainment Weekly).

From the unique perspective of David Sedaris comes a new book of essays taking his readers on a bizarre and stimulating world tour. From the perils of French dentistry to the eating habits of the Australian kookaburra, from the squat-style toilets of Beijing to the particular wilderness of a North Carolina Costco, we learn about the absurdity and delight of a curious traveler's experiences. Whether railing against the habits of litterers in the English countryside or marveling over a disembodied human arm in a taxidermist's shop, Sedaris takes us on side-splitting adventures that are not to be forgotten.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:29 -0400)

From the perils of French dentistry to the eating habits of the Australian kookaburra, from the squat-style toilets of Beijing to the particular wilderness of a North Carolina Costco, we learn about the absurdity and delight of a curious traveler's experiences. Whether railing against the habits of litterers in the English countryside or marveling over a disembodied human arm in a taxidermist's shop, Sedaris takes us on side-splitting adventures that are not to be forgotten.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,185,420 books! | Top bar: Always visible