Resurrect (Resurrect Trilogy) by David E.…

Resurrect (Resurrect Trilogy) (edition 2012)

by David E. Stevens

Member:Bumpersmom
Title:Resurrect (Resurrect Trilogy)
Authors:David E. Stevens
Info:Monarch Books (2012), Paperback, 384 pages

Resurrect (Resurrect Trilogy) by David E. Stevens

A very well written book, combining action, philosophy and science. Though sometimes heavy on the science side of things the book uses dialogue and character development to move you comfortably through some of the heavier bits allowing to the book to flow and bring you along, without making you feel like your in some college lecture hall. An excellence example of a talented writer combining mystery and science fiction into a riveting book. For those who like a great read with a lot of technical information, well researched, to back up the plot this book is for you. The author does a great job of introducing ideas and plot twists then bringing you into the story, making you not want to put the book down. ( )
  mattidw | Dec 17, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is an exciting ride.
Josh Logan, a Navy commander trying not to crash his burning F-18 into a neighborhood, ejects too late and is mortally injured. He is given a chance to come back and save the world from a cataclysmic event, but everyone who knows him will think him dead.
That is the premise and this book delivered. With pacing that keeps you engaged and enough science that made me want to learn more, Mr. Stevens has done a remarkable job. The fact that the book's website is resurrecttrilogy.com has me impatiently waiting for the next book. ( )
  lostinmyownlibrary | Aug 18, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was excited to receive this book. I really enjoyed David E. Steven's writing style. I love that Early Reviewers allows reader to be introduced to authors that you may not have been introduced to other wise. I found myself hooked on this book right away. Although I do not have lots of experience with the subject matter (I do not read many military based books), I found myself keeping up and enjoying every moment of the book. I look forward to reading many more David E. Steven's book in the future. ( )
  damejennylynn | Apr 24, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a prime example of just how Early Reviewers should work... I requested the work on a whim having never heard of the author before. Luckily for me, I received a copy! The novel was thoroughly enjoyable. The action was fast-paced, the science and technology were plausible and well-integrated, and the protagonist was well-developed and interesting.

In particular, I found the internal conversations between the resurrected Josh and the "voice in his head" to be particularly thought provoking.

The plot moved well and the "twists" were interesting, plausible, and well-integrated into the overall story. All-in-all, a great read and I'm looking forward to the rest of the trilogy.

4 stars out of 5 ( )
  FinsRandL | Mar 10, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Faced paced book that drew me in from the start and not easy to put down. There were things that seem far fetched but overall the book was quite well written. I would definitely pick up the next book in the series. ( )
  cweller | Mar 6, 2013 |

A Colorado Gold Finalist for Best Action Thriller of the Year and optioned for a movie, Resurrect has been called "a rollercoaster ride," "frighteningly plausible," and "impossible to put down." It highlights real-world, apocalyptic threats to humanity based on the latest science.
Preventing his burning fighter from crashing into a neighborhood, Navy Commander Josh Logan ejects ... too late. Critically injured, he's offered a new life and mission exploit highly classified military technology to stop a global cataclysm. The price? He'll be dead to everyone he knows.

Visit Amazon's "David E Stevens" author page below to see the video trailer.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:23 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Resurrect by David E. Stevens was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,963,314 books! | Top bar: Always visible